What this job is all about:
The “Sample Tech” is one of the most important roles at The Phoenix Group. If you like working with your hands, being outdoors, and nonrepetitive work, you will love this job!
The Sample Tech collects and handles product samples from various manufacturing lines, transports them back to a testing lab, identifies the required tests needed for the sample, fabricates it to the appropriate size, and delivers prepared samples to the testing area for processing.
What you need to have/be able to do for the job:
- Must maintain a valid driver’s license in order to operate vehicles on customer property.
- Must possess the ability to work effectively in a manufacturing environment:
- Exposure to both extreme heat and cold conditions
- Both an indoor and outdoor environment
- Exposure to sounds and smells associated with a manufacturing facility.
- Ability to occasionally lift up to 50 pounds unassisted, and 20-40 lbs on a regular basis
- Good communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Attention to detail
- Able to work well individually and as part of a team
- Follows direction well, willing to ask questions when uncertain, and willing to report issues when they arise
- Must submit to a pre-employment background check and drug screen
What you will be doing while at work:
- Operate the Kubota RTV cart and pickup trucks to collect samples from various operating units throughout the steel mill and deliver them to the lab or other areas as requested.
- Collect samples from each operating unit at designated areas (per a designated route and frequency).
- Log samples onto a worksheet as the samples are transferred from the vehicle to a sample cart while maintaining a positive sample identity.
- Use a computer to enter sample identification information and acknowledge the samples in LIMS (Laboratory Information Management System).
- Determine what type of test is required of each sample and record on the aforementioned worksheet.
- Cut samples utilizing shears and/or band saw.
- Deliver test specimens to various testing areas within the lab and throughout the mill.
- Dump scrap bins utilizing walk-behind fork truck throughout the shift.
- Dump retain bins utilizing walk-behind fork truck as needed.
- Notify the Lab Leader of any problems with the machines.
- Ensure work areas are clean and orderly.
- Complete miscellaneous projects as assigned, such as cleaning machinery.
- Attend daily safety meetings, toolbox talk, and quality meetings.
- Follow all procedures, JSHA’s (Job Safety & Hazard Analyses) and QSOP’s (Quality Standard Operating Practices) as required.
- Complete vehicle checklist (inspection) at the start of each shift for Lab vehicles (2 pickup trucks and Kubota RTV) and fork truck.
Who we are at The Phoenix Group:
The Phoenix Group works hard to create a culture that recognizes the unique importance of our people and provides a special environment that promotes our values (we have 5 of them, see below). We want our people to truly believe that they have never worked for a better organization.
- Serving others in the best way possible is, to us, the most important measure of our success. Our families, our clients, our company and employees, and our communities are our mission field.
- We believe that fair, honest, transparent, straight forward are the right adjectives to define our success
- In every community where we do business, we are active in giving back and making a difference.
- We strive to do the job well, the first time, and efficiently. We own and learn from our mistakes, and we correct them. Our goal is to serve our customers in a way that helps them succeed and makes them raving fans.
- Phoenix is a team of people who genuinely care about each other and who are passionate about building a future by working well together.
Warehouse. General Labor
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 593323585Posted: 2021-01-27