Polizzi & Medley is a litigation firm that embodies the best qualities of the United States itself: tenacious, adaptable, ready for hard work, and committed to its causes. Practicing those homegrown values has made our firm into one of nationwide influence.
Polizzi & Medley is not an ordinary litigation firm, because our work is far from ordinary. Recognizing that high-stakes litigation is never routine, Polizzi & Medley was built to adapt to whatever challenge confronts our client—no matter the adversary, complexity of the case, or legal issue involved. In every matter, Polizzi & Medley’s primary objective is the development of legal strategies that win.
Polizzi & Medley is seeking an enthusiastic Assistant to join our Branch office. We are eagerly seeking candidates that have excellent communication skills, problem-solvers, and willing to take ownership of their job. Flexibility and excellent organization skills are key in our fast-paced environment.
• Draft and review legal correspondence including thoroughly proofreading for errors in grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting.
• Prepares and collect conflict of interest checks, open new files and maintain client files.
• Maintains attorneys’ calendars with dates of importance.
• Familiar with State and Federal court filings, including submission of electronic filings.
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints with minimal supervision.
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
• Positive attitude and ability to effectively communicate with attorneys, staff, and clients.
• 2+ years litigation secretarial experience.
• Knowledge of iManage and Outlook is a plus.
• Must successfully pass a background and drug screen.
What we offer you
• Competitive compensation
• Comprehensive benefits package, including medical, dental, and vision
• HSA and FSA plan options available
• Generous PTO policy
• 401K plan including an Employer Safe Harbor contribution of 3%
• 1.5% Profit Sharing contribution
• Firm paid life insurance and long-term disability coverage
• Employee Assistance Program
• Year-end bonuses and referral fee programs
• Regular firmwide socials and events
• Positive firm culture
Polizzi & Medley is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees by maintaining a workplace free of discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or other protected group status as provided by law. FMG complies with all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Posting ID: 599959572Posted: 2021-01-18