This position provides quick, efficient, friendly, pleasant restaurant service to residents and guests, ensuring all quality standards of food and service are being met. Ensures exceptional customer service, safety and proper handling of dishes, glassware, and utensils.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Takes food orders, presents to chefs and delivers meals to residents and guests in a proper and timely manner in accordance with department and company standards.
- Responds quickly to resident and guest requests. Interacts with guests in the restaurant to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensures that drinks are poured, and residents’ orders are taken and submitted to chefs promptly.
- Ensures accurate fulfillment of orders and checks food quality. Returns food that does not meet quality standards such as temperature and color.
- Responds to community issues or concerns that may occur in the restaurant/café/bistro. Reports issues/concerns to management immediately.
- May assist with the preparation and assembly of meals, in accordance with the menu and in a safe, sanitary manner under the direction of the supervisor.
- Ensures proper preparation, portioning and serving of foods according to standardized recipes and menus.
- Follows departmental procedures including sanitation, safety and cleaning schedules.
- Adheres to all safety and sanitation standards.
- Labels and dates all food products in the refrigerator, freezer and food storage area and properly disposes of refuse.
- Assists setting tables, removing dirty dishes, disposing of refuse and waste materials, and restocking inventory as needed.
- Completes side-work and cleaning duties as assigned.
ADDITIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS FOR ALL ASSOCIATES:
- Works collaboratively with supervisor to create a positive, hospitality-oriented atmosphere for all associates and residents.
- Gives exceptional customer service to residents and visitors, from providing a pleasant greeting to maintaining professionalism and composure in more challenging situations.
- Recognizes and fosters a sales-oriented culture by participating in and contributing toward the sales and marketing efforts of the community.
- Attends and actively participates in company-hosted webinars, meetings and other trainings as scheduled.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES, TRAINING & QUALITIES REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred though not required.
- Minimum three months related experience or training.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Obtain/hold any local, state and/or county required food handling/sanitation licenses and/or certificates.
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills.
- Is energetic, enthusiastic, patient, flexible, encouraging, and team oriented.
- Displays patience, tact, enthusiasm, and a cheerful disposition.
- Promotes the community in a positive manner and effectively communicates community values to residents, families, and associates.
- Can operate a point of sales device if necessary.
The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by the associate to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. In order to successfully perform the duties of this job:
- The associate is regularly required to sit, stand, bend, talk and hear.
- The associate is required to walk and balance.
- The associate will occasionally be required to climb stairs.
- The associate is required to use hand and finger to touch, handle and feel, and is required to reach with hands and arms.
- The associate must be able to lift and/or move objects up to 40 pounds.
- The associate must be in good general health and demonstrate emotional stability.
- You may have your picture taken and image used in social media, print advertising and online advertising. At the Company’s sole discretion, such image may continue to be used beyond your employment with the Company.
- You may be required to undergo a criminal background check and drug testing prior to employment.
- You may be required to work weekends and/or holidays as assigned.
- You may perform other duties as assigned.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $10.00 per hour
Posting ID: 590357282Posted: 2021-01-15