The Katherine Thomas School in Rockville, MD is seeking to hire an OfficeAssistant/Medication Technician. The school serves students in elementary and middle school with language and learning disabilities, autism, intellectual disabilities, and/or other health impairments that affect their learning. We address the individual needs of each student to facilitate success at home, school, and in the community.
Responsibilities of the Office Assistant/Medication Technician:
- Provides clerical and administrative support to the Program Coordinator, Director of KTS, Education Director, and Special Education Program Director
- The position also provides direct first aid, health room care, and health related information to students and school staff under the supervision and direction of the Director of KTS and the School Designating Nurse
- Support and maintain the highest professional standards consistent with the objectives and procedures of the Treatment and Learning Centers.
Requirements for the Office Assistant/Medication Technician:
- A High School Diploma and at least one year experience working with children
- Must have and maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, and Medication Administration
- Good organizational skills, familiarity with special needs students, the ability to work independently, to provide excellent customer service, and to make decisions and solve problems
- Good oral and written communication skills, knowledge of administrative and clerical procedures, working knowledge of common computer office software, including email and word processing
- Reading comprehension sufficient to permit an understanding of the American Red Cross and American Heart Association manuals of standard first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Ability to use situational workplace judgement and assume the risk in working with students/children with acting out/behavioral challenges
Posting ID: 600055961Posted: 2021-01-25