After setting up a Pandemic Response Lab (PRL) in New York to help with testing capabilities, Opentrons is looking to staff another PRL location in the D.C. area. PRL D.C. will be a state of the art high complexity lab dedicated to processing COVID-19 tests with results within 24-48 hours. To learn more about how we are using automation to provide high-volume testing solutions, check out our website, or read our feature in The New York Times.
- Performs administrative duties required in the daily administration and running of the office and the laboratories.
- Oversees laboratory operations in absence of the Laboratory Director.
- Ensure completion of mandatory health screenings, annual training programs, and performance evaluation.
- Ensures enrollment and timely completion of approved proficiency testing (PT) program
- Provide oversight for all laboratory personnel
- Monitors laboratory processes to ensure that acceptable levels of analytic performance is maintained (including review of QC, equipment maintenance, other QA indicators
- Ensures that remedial actions are taken when test systems deviate from PRL established performance specifications
- Ensures that results are not reported until the test system is functioning properly
- Verifies that staff are trained and competent prior to testing patient samples
- Evaluates new equipment, reagents and methodologies and implementation of new assays in the laboratory
- Adheres to the laboratory’s QA and QC policies.
- At least a Bachelor's in Chemical, Biological Sciences, Medical Laboratory Sciences and 6 years of experience
- Minimum two (2) years of leadership experience in a clinical laboratory setting
- Excellent writing, spelling and proofreading skills required.
- Must be able to keep confidential information.
- Has an understanding of standard office processes, methods, and systems based upon training and prior experience.
- Required to use judgment based on the analysis of facts, set precedents, and previous experience.
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills; verbally communicate clearly and effectively; and must be capable of handling difficult contacts.
- Will be required to deal with issues of a confidential and sensitive nature.
- Understands contributions and roles of each office team member and cooperates appropriately to meet individual and team objectives.
- Demonstrate optimal time management skills, balancing time required for own administrative duties and time required to provide support to others on the office team. Seeks to improve the quality of own work and work of the team.
Opentrons and Reopen Diagnostics, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.
Posting ID: 595009694Posted: 2021-02-26