Senior Devops Engineer (AWS) - REMOTE - 1297.....Transfer your visa
Location – REMOTE
Visa – All visas accepted
Senior Devops Engineer (AWS)/ Continuous Integration Engineer
*Note: 80-90% of your time will be writing pipelines in Groovy/Python.*
- Work in an Agile Software Delivery methodology highly focused on developing & enhancing build pipelines for Continuous Integration.
- Create pipelines ranging from single pipelines to multiple pipelines.
- Define the build orchestration that help SWEs and SQEs be more productive, write better code and provide immediate feedback for build statuses.
- Ability to reverse-engineer existing pipelines and build orchestration processes to develop a more robust build workflow.
- Ability to provide Pipeline instrumentation using a standardized process for various languages and technologies.
- Support, uphold and maintain standard CI process across multiple projects by providing knowledge sharing, such as: host meetings within our department and various teams, documentation (wiki).
- Continuous Improvements with the use of 1) Defining Requirements and Researching the Problem, 2) Proof of Concepts (POCs) to proof multiple solutions, 3) Pilots, and graduating workflow processes to be 4) Production-Level.
- Partake in application/configuration/infrastructure troubleshooting exercises, as necessary.
- Run demos, create/update documentation and host knowledge-sharing sessions around Automation and Delivery processes.
Who we are looking for:
- Expertise in VCS/SCM using git; knowledge in various branching strategies.
- Solid fundamental knowledge in network concepts (TCP/IP)
- Solid fundamental knowledge of Configuration Management Tools (e.g., Ansible, Chef, Puppet)
- Strong troubleshooting skills
- Strong object-oriented scripting languages' experience, such as python, groovy, Golang
- Working experience on products within an AWS Infrastructure
- Working experience in Linux/Unix environments.
- Working experience with OS scripting (shell, bash)
- Working experience managing and maintaining CI tools such as Jenkins, CircleCI, TravisCI, Nexus, SonarQube, etc.
- Working experience with automated environment provisioning and configuration using container technologies (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes, Helm)
- Strong Jenkins Pipeline (Pipeline as Code / groovy) experience
- Good communication skills
- Working with serverless technologies (e.g., AWS Lambda), a plus
- Working as a Software Engineer or Software Quality Engineer, a plus
- Java programming, a plus
- NodeJS continuous integration experience, a plus
- Knowledge of AWS CFT, AWS CDK, Pulumi a plus
At PlacingIT, our focus is on efficiency, precision, and outstanding customer service. Instead of inundating our clients with resumes that they really don't have time to review, our goal is to build responsive, lasting partnerships so we can present to our clients the highest-quality, perfect-fit candidates. We have a solid pipeline of referred and passive candidates, which gives our clients exposure to highly qualified professionals that might not otherwise be visible on job boards.
PlacingIT is diversity certified by the NMSDC (National Minority Supplier Development Council), WBENC (Women's Business Enterprise National Council), and the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts Historically Underutilized Business (HUB) program. These certifications allow PlacingIT to help you achieve your company's diversity goals.
Posting ID: 599644150Posted: 2021-01-22