Plano-Coudon is looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager provide comprehensive commercial construction services to support and secure growing clientele in our Northern VA office. The Project Manager will oversee projects from conception to completion bringing client visions to fruition with enthusiasm and outstanding customer service. The ideal candidate will harbor a passion for building partnerships and foster a work culture built upon positivity, professionalism, integrity, excellence, collaboration and community.
The role of the Project Manager is to make Plano-Coudon the best in class within the construction industry through adherence to the PC FAITH mission:PC Faith: Positivity, Community, Fire in the Belly, Accountability, Integrity, Teamwork, Health.
JOB SUMMARY: Responsible for managing all aspects of construction projects from pre-construction through close-out, ensuring projects are on schedule, within budget, and according to specified standards of quality and performance. Independently manages one or more projects simultaneously.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides comprehensive construction services as required by Owner Agreements to include providing excellent customer service and satisfaction; manages the clients' expectations for optimal success.
- Ensure project controls are executed consistently and professionally, including accurately track project budgets and prepare forecasts; prepare and maintain project schedule; review and track submittals or delegate to a project engineer providing oversight to the project engineer to ensure proper completion, and manage project close out.
- May manage 1 large project or multiple smaller projects.
Preconstruction / Estimating Services
- Leads comprehensive preconstruction efforts including cost estimates and studies, value engineering, scheduling, constructability reviews, site logistics planning, cash flow projections, attend design progress meetings, etc.
- Leads comprehensive competitive bid efforts through submission to Owner.
- Maintains awareness of and complies with P-C's Safety Program and Policies; ensures staff assigned to the projects observe all safety standards.
- Participates in new business development activities to include outreach to peer groups, owners, architects and engineers previously worked with; follow up with current clients to solicit satisfaction with the team; attend networking events, pre-bid meetings, etc.; participate in writing of proposals as well as GC's and fee price proposals.
- Maintains awareness of industry trends, applies knowledge and identifies opportunities for process improvement; Participates in an industry related organization or events.
- Network with Clients, Architects and Engineers to create and follow up on potential business leads and maintain existing client relationships.
Directly supervises Project Engineers and Project Coordinators involved in each project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with P-C's policies and applicable laws, including interviewing, hiring and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems; mentors Project Engineers.
- Bachelor of Science in Civil or Mechanical Engineering or Construction Management/Building Construction preferred.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a project management role. Should have experience as lead project manager on GC or CM projects. Healthcare, Sr. Living, Multi-Family, Higher Ed or K-12 experience is a plus.
- Ability to manage multiple projects under $10 million. Experience managing projects $10 million and up a plus.
- Must have positive attitude, be self-motivated and enjoy working in a collaborative environment. Will be expected to mentor entry level graduate engineers.
Work Environment, Equipment and Physical Demands
- Continuous standing, walking, and sitting throughout the day. Occasional bending, crouching and stooping throughout the day.
- Use of simple hand tools. Some light lifting of up to 25 pounds may be required.
- Typing and viewing of a computer screen required.
- Requires regional driving daily.
- Occasional weekend or evening work as needed.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please submit your resume and salary requirements for consideration.
Equal Opportunity EmployerJob Posted by ApplicantPro