We are opening a new retail resale store and building a new team! Join us.
At Once Upon A Child®, we offer parents a fun and convenient way to buy and sell gently used kids’ stuff, making saving money on children's clothes, toys, baby furniture and equipment a reality every day. We focus on quality, safety and value — the same things our customer care about for their own families. We offer a welcoming place to shop for parents and their children. Because of the extent of customer activity and the volume of incoming merchandise, being able to work with focus, pace and efficiency is key.
There will opportunities to learn about the business and for advancement.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Greet customers immediately, determine their needs, and handle all interactions in a friendly, enthusiastic and professional manner.
- Become familiar with children’s products, brands, and prices, and understand features and benefits.
- Evaluate items presented to the store for purchase and accurately entering the products being bought by the store
- Assist customers during the sales process and maximize sales and customer satisfaction by suggesting add-ons
- Price and ticket items appropriately based on the computerized system and pricing/buying guidelines.
- Efficiently and accurately tag items purchased from customers.
- Keep the sales floor stocked. Bin, label and organize merchandise that will be stored in backstock.
- Maintain cleanliness and organization of the store.
Requirements and Qualifications
- Must be reliable—show up for assigned shifts; be on-time; be ready to bring your best to work every day
- Must be a team player
- Act in a friendly, courteous and helpful manner toward customers, their children, and other team members
- Has a high degree of energy and drive to meet customer demands
- Performs effectively, efficiently, and safely in an environment where every day is fast-paced
- When assigned tasks and projects, enjoys working with minimal supervision and will take initiative
- Can anticipate customer and process needs, can prioritize, and can troubleshoot to provide great service and resolve bottlenecks
- Good listener and able to learn quickly
- Ability to constructively communicate viewpoints and concerns to other team members and management team
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time, up to 8 hours per day.
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs, without assistance
- Ability to bend, rotate, and reach, as required in a retail environment, where there is receiving, tagging, and stocking merchandise
- Ability to operate a computerized sales terminal
- No exposure to hazardous materials or environment
Posting ID: 74435575Posted: 2020-12-19