Sylvester Electric has been a family-owned business for 30+ years. We are located in Tewksbury and we are looking for highly motivated Service Manager to join our growing team.
- Manage the administrative and customer service functions of the Service Department
- Maintain open and positive communication (both in verbal and written form) with employees, departments, customers and vendors
- Maintain appropriate staffing level and workload distribution to meet customer and business needs
- Ensure compliance with company policies and recommend policy changes as needed
- Responsible for the efficient operation of the Service Department and expense control
- Proactive and reactive management of all service personnel including hiring, training, motivation, career development, reviews and safety
- Organize and present at weekly tech meetings and safety training
- Perform annual merit reviews and development planning for service personnel
- Analyze service productivity and recommend changes to improve customer service and profitability
- Maintain high quality service delivery in an efficient, productive and profitable manner
- Oversee warehouse, inventory and vehicle management
- Maintain ongoing maintenance schedules for service accounts
- Review and approve all replacement requests
- Organize, coordinate and schedule all scheduled maintenance, replacement and Customer service work order
- Assist or assign assistance for technician on accounts to ensure work quality
- Electrical License
- Minimum of 5 years experience of managing 10 or more Electricians, Service Technicians and Apprentices.
- 5 years experience in Service Management and Dispatch software, GPS vehicle monitoring.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; working knowledge of word-processing and integrated software applications; organizational skills and ability to perform detail-oriented work are required.
- Strong attention to detail while producing accurate and high quality work.
- Applicant must be familiar with a variety of the electrical field's concepts, practices, best practice, and procedures including the technical ability to understand and interpret Electrical Codes, Life Safety Codes, NFPA, Uniform Building Codes and Lighting Systems where applicable.
- Experience and knowledge of electrical applications, permits, electrical maintenance goals, Facility Maintenance Application & PM standards.
- OSHA 10 certification preferred.
- Positive Attitude and willingness to learn and grow. A team player who has the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
- Valid drivers license, reliable transportation.
- Must pass background check and drug test.
As part of our culture, it is important that we take care of our employees and we offer many benefits.
- 401k with company matching
- 7 Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Long Term Disability
- Continuing Education Electrician Courses and License Reimbursement
- Company Outings
- Advancement Opportunities
Posting ID: 594770300Posted: 2020-12-23