Who We Are: Point Quest Education is a community of life-long learners who respect the individual needs of our students. Point Quest believes that everyone deserves to learn in a safe, caring and supportive environment fostered by integrity and positive relationships with students and staff. High expectations for success are sought through appropriate instruction and intervention, which allows for individual differences and learning styles.
Why Should you Apply?
- Competitive pay
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) with a company match
- Vacation for full-time employees
- Sick pay
- Flexible schedules
- Team environment
- Excellent growth and advancement opportunities
PURPOSE OF POSITION: Under general supervision, the Lead Behavioral Aide is responsible for working with at-risk and/or children with disabilities in a school setting.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Assists the teacher in implementing the students’ Individual Education Plans (IEP)
- Able to understand and implement a BIP
- Support staff in the implementation of BIP/IEP summaries
- Provides instructional support in content areas, as directed by the teacher
- Assists teacher in coordinating and managing activities per the lesson plan
- Implement accommodations/modifications per teacher direction
- Participate in, and/or facilitate recreational activities of various sorts (i.e. athletic, arts, and crafts, off-campus trips, cultural awareness, etc.)
Behavior Intervention Support
- Implements the classroom or social behavior management system, including coaching students so that they can quickly return to school tasks
- Proficient in the use of Pro-ACT and/or CPI
- Proficient in the use of crisis management and de-escalation techniques
- Responds to emergency situations (e.g. injured student, fights, seizures, etc.) for the purpose of resolving immediate safety concerns.
- Understands and implements positive behavior intervention and supports at the direction of the teacher and BCBA
- Demonstrates an understanding of skills for the prevention of challenging behavior.
- Models ABA and other Evidence-Based Practice methodologies for the purpose of demonstrating their use in increasing or decreasing targeted student behaviors
- Under the direction of the Teacher/BCBA, collect, accurately record and organize data on student behavior, skills progression, student care, and learning objectives, as directed
- Assists other personnel as may be required for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities
- Maintain consistent awareness of student’s whereabouts to ensure safety, including directing students to appropriate groups or areas in the community or school. Including but not limited to, transportation transitions
- Able to maintain supervision of environment while attending to another task
- Responds quickly and effectively to requests made by Teachers and Administrative team
- Helps maintain the physical school environment to keep it functional, safe, and clean
- Assist students with eating, using the bathroom (may include the changing of diapers), and moving from one classroom to another
Understanding and Enforcing Company Policies
- Maintain program data collection and ability to properly analyze the data
- Assists in educating subordinates on company policies including HR/Payroll related policies
- Complete other responsibilities as assigned
MINIMUM SKILLS OR EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- High School Diploma, equivalent or two-year degree or equivalent combinations of training and experience
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience working in a school or treatment setting for students with learning, social, emotional or mental disabilities.
- DOJ/FBI Live Scan Background & TB Clearance
- Pro-Act, CPI, and/or CPR certification helpful
- Strong communication skills
- Working knowledge of standard business practices and procedures
- Computer-literate; knowledge of standard company software applications, internet
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Problem-solving ability and proven accuracy with detailed information
- Proficient written and verbal English language communication skills, including business writing and professional telephone manner
- Reliability, dependability, and flexibility
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Occasional exposure to dust, pollen, and fumes
- Requires frequent reaching, handling, sitting, standing, walking, hearing, talking, stooping, bending, crouching, kneeling, running, carrying, and lifting 50 or more lbs.
- Must be able to see and hear within normal range with or without correction.
- The noise intensity level is moderate to high
CODE OF CONDUCT:
Please refer to our Code of Conduct regarding the following:
- Cell Phone Usage
- Dress Code Policy
- Professional Demeanor
*This job description reflects management's assignment of essential job functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned
PQI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants regardless of race, gender, color, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other classification protected by law.
Posting ID: 600260726Posted: 2021-01-17