The Poker Supervisor is responsible for assisting Poker Management with day-to-day supervision and conduct of poker in the casino.
- Ensure compliance with the applicable Tribal, Federal and other laws and gaming regulations and Kickapoo Lucky Eagle policies and procedures.
- Ensure the highest possible standards of guest services by properly listening and responding to guest and team member concerns and questions.
- Perform duties as Poker Dealer when needed.
- Responsible for cash or cash equivalencies, including security and issuance of entrusted banks of promotional payouts and chip runner responsibilities.
- Responsible for dealer rotation and assurance of fair rotation and practices.
- Enforce proper game rules.
- Assist and verify table fills.
- Request Surveillance assistance when in doubt or in need of table play review.
- Responsible for informing all poker guests about promotions and assist guest with Players Club cards and redemption of points.
- Responsible for player logs and ensuring adherence to proper table opening and closing procedures.
- Responsible for addressing complaints or floor calls per Dealer request.
- Responsible for reporting discrepancies to Poker Management when necessary.
- Responsible for daily reporting to Poker Management and Assistant General Manager.
- Provide training, planning, assigning, and directing work.
- Responsible for appraising performance, rewards and disciplinary review.
- Demonstrate and promote KLECH core values and MAD skills.
- Manage and maintain security of confidential information entrusted to position.
- Attend and satisfactorily complete all required training as assigned.
- Monitor compliance with Federal currency transaction reporting requirements, Title 31 requirements and IRS Currency Transaction Reports and property established Anti-Money Laundering policies. Maintain accurate MTL, MIL, CTR and SAR as needed.
- The essential functions listed above are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities pertinent to this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the Director.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements to Qualifications:
- Must have High School Diploma or GED.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Poker dealing experience preferred.
- Must have knowledge of poker games such as Texas Hold'em.
- Strong communication skills in English both written and oral. Spanish or other language skills a plus.
Qualified Kickapoo Traditional Tribe of Texas Members and qualified Native American preference is observed.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to maintain effective relationships with the General Manager, Directors, Managers and all staff.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced, stressful environment.
- Ability to meet multiple deadlines and multi-task.
- Ability to have strong critical thinking, analytical and guest service skills.
- Must possess a positive attitude with strong organizational and leadership qualities.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
- Ability to understand complex instructions and material.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers of all levels.
- Ability to work effectively with individuals and demonstrate leadership and team building skills with empathy and enthusiasm.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to follow and comply with established Casino guest service programs.
- While performing the duties of this position, the team member is regularly required to stand, sit, walk, push, pull, bend for extended periods; reach with hands and arms; talk and listen on a regular basis.
- The team member must be able to concentrate for prolonged periods.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- The team member must be able to communicate effectively in person or using telecommunications equipment.
- The team member must have the hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity to operate a keyboard, touch-screen display, telephone and calculator.
- Frequently lift and/or move up to 30 lbs.
- Poker room, casino floor and normal office setting.
- Frequent walking and standing in a smoke filled environment and frequent contact with the general public.
- Temperature controlled environment with varying noise levels. May be exposed to high levels of noise throughout the day.
- Extended hours and irregular shifts may be required including nights, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to perform under pressure and work long hours under stressful conditions.
- May be exposed to the risks associated in attempting to resolve issues with difficult guests and extremely irate staff members.
- May be exposed to various types of lighting including, but not limited to: artificial fluorescent lights, flashing lights, strobe lights, multiple colored lights, etc.
- Travel may be required to perform one or more essential functions of this position.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be able to obtain and retain a KTTT Gaming Commission License, including successful completion of background check necessary to obtain and maintain license. Responsible to keep all documents current and valid at all times.
- Must be able to provide authorization to work in the United States.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to commute to and from work.
- Must comply with KLEC handbook, internal policy and procedures, and gaming regulations set within KLEC.
- Must participate in tip reporting program when performing as poker dealer.
Posting ID: 593724906Posted: 2021-01-15