Georgetown Hill Early School has almost 40 years experience serving Maryland families. Since 1980, weve guided more than 40,000 little feet through our halls. We take pride in meeting the individual needs of our students and fostering the independence of each child in a family-like environment of trust and warmth.
We are looking for School Age Teachers to contribute to our public school complement programs at our 6 campuses in Montgomery County!
- Apple Ridge (Gaithersburg)
- Montgomery Square (Potomac)
- Potomac Village
Employment may be full or part time depending on campus needs. Hours will likely include opening (8am) and closing (5pm) shifts.
Specifically, the job entails:
- Keeping our students safe. Youll be responsible for supervising children at all times.
- Maintaining a safe school age environment. In the wake of COVID-19 weve developed strict health, safety, and sanitation protocols to protect our employees and the children in our care.
- Facilitating public school virtual learning. This includes helping with homework and assignments as well as technical support.
- Utilizing our P.L.A.N. curriculum. Were looking for folks who can complement public school learning with our own play-based program. Learn more about our P.L.A.N. curriculum here.
- Clear and consistent communication. Youll be responsible for communicating with parents on a daily basis, including utilizing our real-time communication apps.
- Relationship building with children, families, and fellow staff. It takes trust, compassion and empathy to support a family and thats what we are.
In addition to the above duties, we expect our staff to be:
- Nurturing. Were looking for people who can create a caring classroom community that will cultivate a climate of healthy and positive growth.
- Reliable. We take punctuality and attendance seriously at Georgetown Hill. So if you are a chronically late person, this may not be the best place for you.
- Happy to be part of a team. We prize collaboration over competition and we hire folks who are positive and productive coworkers, supervisors, and employees.
- Discreet and trustworthy. Our parents trust us with their children and we must be able to trust our staff entirely.
- Personable. A warm, friendly, and cool-tempered demeanor is essential to work here. And smiles. We love smiles.
- Genuinely interested in education. If you are passionate about kids, well be passionate about you.
We share a commitment to excellence and a desire to work in a comfortable, friendly atmosphere, so we only hire nice, bright, funny people who are willing to work hard. We are looking to add amazing folks to our team who are eager to apply and explore their talents in the classroom and beyond.
Requirements for this position include:
- Applicants must hold the MSDE 90hr school age certification or applicable coursework to satisfy MSDE school age program requirements.
- We prefer that applicants have at least two years experience in a school or childcare setting. Experience or training in working with children who have special needs is a plus!
- Applicants must have the ability to manage physical demands of a preschool setting. This includes but is not limited to: sitting on the floor, getting up quickly from the floor, lifting up to 40 pounds, reaching and lifting above your head, etc.
- We expect all employees to be able to utilize the various technologies that help our school run smoothly, so all applicants must have proficient computer skills.
- Per licensing requirements, all applicants will be subject to a state and federal background check. Applicants for our Federal Center campuses will also be subject to a more extensive background based on GSA and agency requirements.
- Healthcare benefits. Full time employees (scheduled at least 30 hours per week) are eligible to enroll in our healthcare benefits which include medical, dental, vision, short term disability, term life, and flexible spending accounts.
- 401(k) with match. We want our employees to be able to retire with confidence, knowing that they have enough saved to enjoy every bit of their well-earned retirement. Once youre eligible to enroll, you could earn up to a 4% employer match on your yearly earnings thats free money. For real.
- Employee discount on child care. We offer a robust employee discount policy that covers at least 50% of tuition for all of our programs - Infants throug School Age.
- Paid leave. At Georgetown Hill, we believe a healthy work-life balance is the key to happy (and sane) employees. So all eligible employees accrue Paid Time Off. Use it for sick days, college visits with your kids, vacation, or just some me time.
- Paid training days. Learning is one of the key components of our curriculum and it doesnt just apply to students! So several times a year, we close school for teacher in-service days where we bring in awesome childhood experts to train us on whats new and proven in the field of early childhood education.
- Professional development. We are committed to supporting each employees goals for professional growth. We provide pre-service trainings to employees for free and offer financial assistance for additional certification and coursework.
- Free caffeine (decaf available). We know that working with kids can be exhausting and we are equipped to assist you in your mid-morning perk up needs. Each campus has a Keurig and pods in stock coffee, tea, hot chocolate... whatever floats your boat, just ask!
- Referral programs. When you refer a new family or a new staff member to us, we want to say thanks! How does a $500 bonus sound?
Posting ID: 593750786Posted: 2021-01-14