Clinical Application CoordinatorLOCATION:
11400 158th Road Mayetta, KS 66509PAY RANGE:
$21.37 - $39.46
Offering rate will vary within the listed hourly range above.*Supported by the Department budget & related experience/education*
Questions before applying? 785-966-3060 or HR@pbpnation.org
Benefits at a glance for Full-Time:Weekly pay periods,Holiday pay, paid Birthday leave,Weekly accruals for Vacation & Sick leave,Administrative, Bereavement, and Educational Leave available,Low-Cost & Low-Deductible Benefits Plans & Generous 401(k) matching program.
INDIAN PREFERENCE EXERCISED(Applicants must provide proof of Tribal affiliation to receive Indian preference)
Assist in implementation of plan of care to meet the health care needs of the community and work closely with Prairie Band Potawatomi Family Health Center to provide continuum of care for Health Center patients.
- Locate and identify individuals and families with identified risk factors and connects them with resources.
- Provides a comprehensive plan of care for adults and elderly patients on community health needs and resources.
- Performs health and physical assessments to newborns, infants, and children.
- Provides and coordinates home care to patients for prenatal, postpartum care and other gynecological and obstetrical conditions.
- Collaborates with local and state health officials to prevent and control infectious diseases.
- Acts as liaison between health center, the patient population served and other health organizations.
- Participates in clinic PI activities.
- Collect and label lab specimens obtained.
- Administers IM medications, monitors' patient for reaction, follow policy and procedure of medication administration.
- Performs home visits and teaches comprehensive curative, therapeutic, and preventive health care information to patients and family members.
- Counsels and refers individuals to the full range of health services available
- Consults with Health Center medical, nursing and managed care staff to facilitate care of patients and participants with the interdisciplinary team in developing the total care program for patients.
- Assists Pharmacy staff in filling medication boxes twice weekly and delivers medications to the Jackson County jail.
- Delivers medications from local pharmacies to homes as needed.
- Collaborates and coordinates programs and services with other health resource agencies and other tribal programs such as Community Health Representatives, Social Services, Senior Citizen Center, Head Start, etc.
- Performs annual competency evaluation.
- Provides written reports regular and ongoing to Nursing Supervisor and Clinic Administrator.
- Works cooperatively within the office, Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation, and other agencies; as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all minimum requirements by the closing date of this announcement.
- Associate degree in Nursing
- Two to five years of relatable experience
- Valid Kansas license as a Registered Nurse (RN)
- Valid Basic Cardiac Life Support (BCLS) certification
- First Aid training or certification
- Valid Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) training or certification
- Valid Kansas driver's license and must be insurable with the Nation's insurance
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Must possess professional work ethics, manner, and appearance
- Must possess the ability to operate general office equipment
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule to meet the demands of the position
- A record of satisfactory attendance and performance in all prior and current employment as evidenced by positive employment references from previous and current employers
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing
- Five to eight years of relatable experience
PHYSICAL, MENTAL, & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
- Ability to develop positive working relationships with others, including members of the public
- Ability to maintain high level of privacy and confidentiality of individuals and families
- Ability to perform daily activities, including but not limited to filing, typing, answering the telephone, and operating office equipment
- Able to read, write and speak English
- Ability to work efficiently in a highly team-team oriented environment
- Ability to work in a high-stress, deadline oriented environment
- Attend out-of-state/out-of-town training periodically to enhance job performance and knowledge.
- Exposure to illnesses, diseases and cytotoxic medications
- Daily vicarious exposure to other's physical and emotional trauma experiences can have severe and lasting effects on workers
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to outdoor weather conditions
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to have full range of mobility in upper and lower body; be able to reach overhead; be able to work in various positions, including stooping, standing, bending over, sitting, kneeling and squatting for extended periods of time; be able to lift, pull and push materials and equipment to complete assigned job tasks; and be able to frequently lift 20 pounds of weight throughout the assigned workday
BACKGROUND CLEARANCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Background Investigation with Adjudication
- Pre-employment Drug Screening
- Tuberculosis (TB) Screening
Note: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required. The Prairie Band Potawatomi Nation reserves the right to revise this job description at any time. The job description is not to be construed as a contract for employment. Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 599641678Posted: 2021-01-16