Batch Furnace Operator - American Heat Treating, Inc.
Company Background: American Heat Treating, Inc. (AHT) located in Monroe, CT, was founded in 1981 to serve the saw bland and tooling businesses. It has become one of the finest and most versatile heat treating facilities in the Northeast. Today, the company serves a variety of industries. AHT provides pick-up and delivery services in the southern and central areas of Connecticut. We offer heat treating processes such as continuous austempering, continuous hardening, tempering, molten salt, brazing batch carburizing, carbonitriding and induction hardening. We can carbon restore, normalize, and homogenize. Vacuum processes such as hardening, annealing, tempering, aging, precipitation hardening, and stress relieving are also processes we perform to our customer’s requirements.
Summary: Process scheduled customer work through the furnace line.
Essential Duties and Requirements:
- Set up furnace according to Work Order and Standard furnace operational instructions.
- Monitor quench oil tank filters, replace when required.
- Perform all necessary maintenance tasks before line start up.
- Maintain quench oil tank level.
- Maintain all required documentation including Furnace Log Book.
- Perform IN PROCESS inspections as specified by work order and/or QC alerts.
- Monitor parts for signs of nonconformance.
- Operate all components of the line in a safe and efficient manner.
- Monitor equipment for correct operation. Notify Supervisor if out of parameter condition is observed.
- Handle parts to be processed in a manner precluding mixing and process and unprocessed parts.
- Perform all necessary maintenance tasks before parts washer start up. Monitor water filter operation, replace when required. Inspect elevator rollers; notify supervisor if repairs are needed.
- Set up parts in appropriate work fixtures to avoid distortion.
- Operate manual oiling station.
- Separate correct quantity of parts for QC final inspection.
- Repack and move processed parts to designated staging area, as required strap and wrap.
- Keep furnace fixtures organized, notify supervisor when they are in need of repair.
- Perform tempering operations as required by work order.
- Perform post process operations as required.
- Unloading of Batch furnace and batch parts washer required two persons. Operator must get assistance before unloading either unit.
- Maintain clean and safe work area, clean up any and all oils spills immediately.
- Notify Supervisor of any unsafe conditions.
Qualifications and Education: High School Diploma or GED
Benefits: Medical, Dental, 401K
Keywords: Machine Operator, Production, Light Industrial, Manufacturing, Heat Treating
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 600822297Posted: 2021-01-28