The Maintenance Associate III provides oversight of all HVAC equipment through preventative maintenance schedules and maintenance cycles to reduce equipment failures and improve staff and resident comfort during the heating and cooling seasons and performs other day-to-day activities of the Maintenance Department in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations governing the community to ensure that it is maintained in a clean, safe, and comfortable manner.
- Performs routine HVAC, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, carpentry, painting and finishing, and maintenance on facilities, equipment, grounds, parking areas, sidewalks, etc.
- Services HVAC equipment through preventative maintenance schedules and maintenance cycles.
- Troubleshoots, provides maintenance, and repairs the technical components of the community including HVAC, pumps, motors, etc.
- Troubleshoots, provides maintenance, and repairs electrical systems per NEC guidelines.
- Troubleshoots, provides maintenance, and repairs plumbing systems per local codes.
- Informs supervisor of supply and/or equipment needs.
- Performs unscheduled maintenance tasks.
- Completes assigned work orders within 24-48 hours.
- Maintains a state of readiness for survey by regulatory bodies.
- Ensures a clean and safe environment for the residents, staff members, and visitors in all areas of the community by escorting vendors, assisting with inventory, conducting training, and serving as a working team leader as needed.
- May coordinate maintenance services and activities with other departments (i.e. Nursing, Culinary and Nutritional Services, etc.).
- Serves as back-up to security personnel and responds accordingly performing necessary rounds and completing reports as needed.
Quality, Compliance, and Risk Management
- Ensures that work areas are clean and that equipment, tools, supplies, etc. are in proper working order and are stored appropriately.
- Ensures that established quality assurance, infection control, and universal precaution practices are maintained when performing maintenance procedures.
- Performs duties in accordance with all safety and OSHA requirements and ensures departmental staff does the same.
- Maintains current and accurate records through use of computers and/or other documentation in accordance with company standards and federal, state, and local standards, guidelines, and regulations.
- Works with others on the development, implementation, and maintenance of emergency disaster programs (i.e. fire, severe weather, etc.).
- Willingly and consistently shares observations and insights of departmental operations that may improve quality and efficiencies of department.
- Attends all-employee and departmental meetings and in-service training as scheduled or as directed.
Customer Relations and Service Delivery
- Listens and responds to the needs of residents and staff members.
- Honors resident personal and property rights when performing maintenance duties.
All other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Current certification to handle refrigerants a plus but not required.
- Current HVAC certification a plus but not required.
- Current Boiler Operator License and Steam Engineer License a plus but not required.
- Three years experience in a maintenance position required.
- Strong knowledge of HVAC, boilers, compressors and generators, and various mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems.
- Knowledge of building codes, safety, EPA, and OSHA regulations preferred.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints preferred.
- Proficiency with Windows, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), and the internet preferred.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and acceptable driving record. Must be insurable under professional liability and crime coverage policies as specified by insurance carrier underwriting standards.
Ohio Living Mount Pleasant is Butler County's premier life plan community. Services include long-term nursing care, memory care, short-term rehabilitation, outpatient therapy and assisted living. The campus also offers independent living apartments, ranch homes and condo-style Brownstone homes. Most importantly, we're a company that:
- chooses to operate as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization
- makes its mission the heart of our organization
- has a reputation for consistently exceeding the needs and expectations of those we serve
- provides an engaging, team-oriented workplace dedicated to career, family and faith
- commits to recognizing our employees for a job well done
We're looking for people who:
- have a passion for helping people, solving problems and contributing to a positive work environment
- are excited about bringing their personal standards and ideals to work each day
- understand that HOW you do your job is just as important as WHAT you do in your job
Why work at Ohio Living Mount Pleasant?
Our residents and employees have access to the fitness center, nature trails and Arboretum, which has more than 100 species of trees throughout our 110-acre campus. Depending on an employee's full-time, part-time or PRN status, they may benefit from:
- competitive wages
- affordable medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 403b retirement savings
- paid time off including your birthday
- training, continuing education, and education assistance
- pay advances up to $500
- free meals/meal allowance
- the latest technology
- unlimited career opportunities
- and much more!
Who is Ohio Living?
Headquartered in Columbus, Ohio Living is one of the nation's largest not-for-profit, multi-site senior living organizations. Since its founding in 1922, Ohio Living has defined the highest standards of quality of life for adults through its 12 life plan communities and Ohio Living Home Health & Hospice in 50 Ohio counties.
Our mission is to provide adults with caring and quality services toward the enhancement of
physical, mental and spiritual well-being consistent with the Christian Gospel.
Care • Integrity • Customer Service
Innovation • Financial Stewardship • Leadership