The Food Safety Manager is responsible for the design, development, implementation, and execution of all areas of Food Safety programs and systems in Checkers and Rally’s restaurants and ensuring compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies and company policies and procedures.
- Supervise Food Safety Specialist.
- Designs and implements all food safety related strategies, policies and tactics; maintains open communication with all stakeholders.
- Responsible for the design, implementation and execution of all third party Food Safety vendors hired to perform food safety audits and pest control services in Checkers and Rally’s restaurants.
- Manages food safety vendors and ensures companies are maintaining agreed upon service levels.
- Makes regular restaurant visits to address food safety performance issues in company and franchise operations; ensures compliance and escalates when necessary; bottom restaurant performance focus.
- Oversees follow-up action plans for improvement thru third party inspection, pest control and Health Department visits. Follow up with Company and Franchise Operators on corrective actions; escalating when necessary.
- Provides expert knowledge and communication, alerts, and follow up to senior leadership with concise data and topline concerns
- Oversees restaurant compliance with local, state and federal food and chemical regulations.
- Leads the investigation and evaluation of foreign object samples and food illness reports submitted to Quality Assurance and Food Safety by the Legal department as part of the customer claims resolution process.
- Collaborates and provides expert knowledge to Operations and R&D in regards to food safety procedures in restaurants on current, alternative and new product offerings.
- Assist QA and Supply Chain teams on food safety alerts/product withdrawals and recalls. Assist QA team to initiate process for tracking products, with all stakeholders, through barcoding, RFID or other new technology systems.
- Works with each states’ Food Establishment Rules regulatory authorities to modify changes that will impact our operations.
- Monitors, communicates and takes action as needed to all emerging food safety concerns and crisis.
- Collaborates with Legal Department, restaurants and Operations in addressing claims of illness by workers or customers (eg, workers claiming Hepatitis A or customers alleging food borne illness).
- Oversees and responses to customer inquiries regarding food allergen information.
- Collaborates with the Quality Assurance Manager as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Experience with Food Quality and Safety required
- FDA Food Code
- Restaurant experience preferred
- Four-year college degree in Food Science, Biology, Chemistry, or related field required.
- Food safety Credentials a plus
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a Food Safety role
- Restaurant inspection or auditing experience is preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word
- Proficiency in third party software systems
- Ability to demonstrate a high degree of initiative
- Possess excellent communications skill, both written and verbal plus the ability to make effective presentations to various group sizes
- Ability to adapt to changing organizational and operational needs
- Ability to communicate effectively with others at all levels in the organization
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task
- Ability to maintain the highest level of confidentiality
Posting ID: 590708814Posted: 2020-12-14