Prestige Maintenance USA provides scalable janitorial and facilities maintenance services using environmentally sustainable solutions. We're based in Plano, Texas - just north of Dallas - and have more than 3,000 employees nationwide. We customize janitorial and facilities-maintenance programs for clients in many industries, including distribution, fitness, grocery, retail, and transportation.
We are proud to be a woman-owned business led by Rachel Sanchez, CEO, and Jason Dinverno, CXO, whose parents, Marie and Alex Dinverno, established the company in 1976. As a women's business enterprise, certified by WBENC, we look to partner with suppliers, clients, and team members who share our values. Not only are we a diverse supplier, but we also have our own supplier diversity program where we actively engage in partnership with other diverse suppliers.
The solutions we provide are scalable - flexible enough to meet the needs of any size enterprise, from Fortune 500 and mid-market clients to small businesses.
As the facilities maintenance and janitorial industry changes, independently owned companies like PMUSA are becoming less common. This allows us to focus on what's right for our customers, not for shareholders.
Our nimbleness enables us to deliver a greater depth of service and responsiveness as well as a large pool of talent, without the hassles often associated with the largest of companies. Yet our large employee base, history, and national footprint mean we have the resources to serve clients of all sizes, from national, multi-site retail chains to smaller, independently-owned businesses.
Job Skills / Requirements
The Custodian performs assigned custodial tasks as it relates to that particular job location. This includes general cleaning (restroom, offices, cafeteria, sales floor, others as assigned), buffing, scrubbing, and ability to perform basic tasks of vacuuming, sweeping, mopping and use of equipment such as scrubbers, extractors, and buffers. EXPECTATIONS FOR SATISFACTORY JOB PERFORMANCE
- Performs all general required tasks as directed by Lead Custodian or Crew Lead Supervisor
- Uses floor machines for buffing, stripping, waxing, vacuuming and carpet cleaning safely, according to proper usage, and as agreed to schedule with store/customer
- Performs all tasks within proper safety guidelines, company guidelines, and as directed by management
- Follows all company policies and procedures regarding safety, customer service, proper attire, and working conditions such as hours and timekeeping
- Performs assignments according to company schedule and as expected by customer
- Wears uniform at required worksites
- Performs janitorial/custodial tasks based on defined scope of work and customer requests. These are performed to published schedules and within explained guidelines. These tasks often include the following:
This position may work nights, early morning, weekends, and holidays
- Empty wastebaskets and replace liner as needed
- Dust/clean tops of office furniture, desks and tables
- Vacuum all carpeting
- Spot clean soiled areas when needed
- Clean and sanitize toilets, basins, and urinals
- Clean counters, mirrors and fixtures
- Sweep and damp mop floor with disinfectant
- Spot clean walls, partitions, and doors
- Refill all restroom dispensers as needed
- Wipe/clean all table tops and chairs
- Wipe/clean vending machines and appliances
- Clean sink and damp mop tile floors
- Follows oral and written instructions
- Works effectively individually and with a team
- Attends periodic training and safety meetings
EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATIONS
- Able to read and communicate in English
- Requires physical exertion to manually move, lift, carry, pull, or push heavy objects or materials up to 50 pounds
- Repetitive motion involved on a daily basis may include, but not limited to, bending, twisting, pushing, pulling, reaching, climbing, and squatting
- Ability to operate small power tools
- Requires stooping, kneeling, crawling, bending, turning, and reaching into areas not fully air conditioned
- Able to stand and walk for extended periods of time to include climbing/descending stairwells and ladders
- Can work independently and in stressful environments
- Regular, consistent and predictable attendance
- Optional local area travel using personal vehicle. Approximately 10% of the time and will vary during the month and week.
- May have responsibility to enter customer facilities that require background screening.
Prefer a high school diploma or equivalent plus 1-2 years of experience in custodial, janitorial, or cleaning services. Habilidades obligatorias:
Conocimientos bsicos de las obligaciones de conserjera y las responsabilidades de mantenimiento
Conocimiento de los equipos de limpieza, incluso de aquellos para aspirar, barrer, trapear, fregar y aplicar acabados a diferentes tipos de pisos
Conocimiento de tcnicas y procesos de limpieza. Conocimiento de las cualidades y los usos de diversos compuestos para limpiar, desinfectar, decapar y encerar
Experiencia en limpieza y desinfeccin de baos
Ser capaz de demostrar la importancia de la seguridad en el lugar de trabajo, cumplir con las normas de seguridad, adoptar hbitos de trabajo seguros, utilizar los equipos de seguridad apropiados y denunciar condiciones poco seguras al Supervisor correspondiente
Ser capaz de seguir las instrucciones y trabajar cumpliendo con las pautas
Debe saber leer y ser capaz de entender y respetar las unidades de medicin en las etiquetas de los productos.
Aspecto personal e higiene satisfactorios dentro de las pautas de la compaa
Capacidad comprobada de que mantiene los equipos de limpieza limpios, seguros y operativos Habilidades preferidas:
• Capacidad para mantener los armarios de limpieza de maner
Additional Information / Benefits
Benefits: Medical Insurance, Wellness Program
This is a Full and Part-Time
position 1st Shift