Cove Property Management has a great opportunity available for an experienced apartment service professional to join our team as Service Manager in North Bethesda, Maryland
The support includes hands-on property service, execution of capital improvements, recruiting and training of services team members, and will serve as a problem solver and role model for service team members.
Reports to Property Manager
Service Technicians, Porters and General Contractors
Responsibilities and Duties
- Schedules, performs and assigns work orders, tracking completion and labor/material costs.
- Leads service team and performs diagnosis and repair in areas such as HVAC, electrical, plumbing, appliance, carpentry, drywall, flooring, general service, unit turnover, and exterior structure.
- Creates schedules and up-dates service scheduling/work order requests with office team members.
- Creates a 24-hour on-call schedule for the service department.
- Hire, train, motivate, coach, feedback, develop, supervise, discipline, and terminate team members to achieve the operational goals of the property and within company policies/guidelines.
- Conducts regular property inspections, identifying all interior and exterior work that needs to be completed and gives office team work orders to place in Yardi to track completion. Notifies management of service concerns and recommends resolution. Immediately corrects any unsafe condition, informing the Property Manager of the condition.
- Keeps Property Manager up to date regarding status of all repairs and service.
- Works with Property Manager or Assistant Property Manager in scheduling the make-ready service of all vacant apartments.
- Manages move-in and move-outs process to include ensuring all locks are re-keyed and conducting pre-move out inspections. Responsible to assign the team and contractors, and perform completion of turnovers to make ready for occupancy and inspects units prior to move-in.
- Identify all utility meter shut-offs, apartment and fixture shut-offs, sewer cleanouts, as well as prepare site maps.
- Schedules and executes routine preventative service on all appropriate equipment.
- Organizes service shop, keeping inventory of supplies and equipment according to the established OSHA standards. Establishes or follows cost effective methods of ordering supplies, maximizing value for the price. Ensure any/all storage areas remain locked when not in use.
- Recommends contract services and ensures that contracted service is completed in accordance with the contract and quality standards, inspecting work before signing off on work order or invoice.
- Directs team members or contracted personnel engaged in the general cleaning and up keep of buildings, including buffing, dusting, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, and washing windows and inspects/monitors progress. Leads completion of outdoor grounds service, including daily removal and disposal of trash. Develops plan for snow removal.
- Acts as role model for Service Technicians by following all company procedures and presenting an appearance appropriate for the image of the property.
- Performs other duties as required
- High School Diploma / GED required, and Technical School Certification preferred.
- Five years’ experience in a multifamily setting.
- HVAC certification.
- Universal CFC certification
- CAM-T preferred.
- Ability to demonstrated HVAC, Plumbing, Electrical, Appliance Repair, Carpentry, Landscaping, or Pool Operation skills required.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety rules and regulation.
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to communicate in writing, drafting performance reviews and responding to emails.
- Experience supervising a team, including acting as a role model for others, selecting and training new staff, providing mentoring and coaching to junior staff to develop professionally
- Excellent verbal communication skills with residents and staff.
- Superior customer service skills with ability to respond to clients with diplomacy, tact and patience.
- Requires a valid driver’s license, an insured vehicle, and the ability to travel (between properties).
Posting ID: 607255786Posted: 2021-02-25