Primary Purpose of Position:
Priestly Demolition Inc. (PDI) is looking for a dynamic individual who is passionate about the demolition industry with more than 10 years of experience in heavy machinery operations! The position is located in Fairfax, Virginia, U.S.A.
In this position, the Heavy Equipment Operator is responsible for the excavation of building foundations, bulk excavation and loading of trucks for disposal, daily equipment checks and regular maintenance and following health and safety regulations.
Priestly’s hiring philosophy is based on culture, collaboration and then skills. Here is what we look for:
PDI is founded on key values that drive what we do for our clients and for each other. At the core, we understand the value of people, and we encourage a culture of safety, hard work, quality, and teamwork supported by a solid family foundation.
Our core values are extremely important to us. Are they aligned with yours?
This means being people smart and championing being a team player. We encourage teamwork and respect, help develop individual strengths, and recognize the contribution our people make to our success. We are always seeking better and more innovative ways to renew communities by clearing the way for new development, and by playing the role of environmental stewards.
· Operate heavy equipment machines, Excavators, Dozers, Loaders, Rock Truck.
· Clean and lubricate equipment and refill equipment tanks.
· Conduct pre-operational checks on equipment.
· Employ safe work practices for themselves as well as crew members
· High school diploma or equivalent
· Through knowledge of production process
· Minimum 10 years’ operating Excavators, Dozers, and Loaders.
· Experienced in all aspects of excavations.
· Working knowledge with reading plans and understanding of grades.
· GPS experience an asset
· Operation knowledge of front end loaders, dozers, skid steer loaders and other pieces of equipment is an asset.
· Knowledge of equipment maintenance and the ability to perform small repairs is also an asset.
· Experience in the field of demolition is definitely an asset.
· Valid driver’s license and your own vehicle; no public transportation available
· Job requires ability to operate a variety heavy equipment, from bobcat to excavator.
· Ability to lift and manipulate objects
· Use of Personal Protection Equipment will be required (e.g. hard-hat, safety boots, etc.)
· Regularly works near moving mechanical parts and in conditions that include heat and humidity, and exposure to dust.
· Must be able to lift, push, pull or carry objects, use abdominal and lower back muscles to provide support over time without fatigue and to effectively jump, sprint or throw an object.
· Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination.
· Noise level is generally loud.
· Must be able to quickly move arms and legs.
· Excellent stamina is required.
· Hazards associated with the industry
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Priestly Demolition is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes diversity of applicants. We thank you in advance for your interest; however only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted. Please continue to check for current opportunities.