As a Teacher at Primrose School of Ashburn you will help young minds explore, discover and understand the world around them.
We are seeking experienced and enthusiastic Teachers to plan and implement an ongoing program of activities that promote the social, emotional, cognitive and physical development of each child, in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® approach to teaching and learning
Primrose School of Ashburn is an accredited private preschool that provides a premier educational child care experience and the most awarded preschool in Northern Virginia. We offer year-round programs for children from infant through elementary-aged school age.
- Is responsible for the overall supervision and daily class functions of a group of children.
- Observes all rules and regulations at Primrose School of Ashburn and the local, state or national regulatory agencies pertaining to the health, safety and care of children.
- Assesses each child's developmental needs on an ongoing basis.
- Implements the approved lesson plans and daily classroom schedule in accordance with the Primrose Balanced Learning® curriculum and programming.
- Plans with a member of the Leadership Team the parent-teacher conferences and student evaluations.
- Maintains an attractive, well-kept classroom that encourages children to create, explore and make decisions with confidence.
- Provides verbal recognition and acceptance to children while providing clear and consistent expectations for the children's behavior.
- Accepts responsibility for maintenance and necessary housekeeping duties of the classroom, common use areas and playgrounds.
- Attends all required staff meetings, workshops and/or school functions.
- Maintains overall professional personal appearance adhering to the guidelines offered in the Primrose School of Ashburn Employee Handbook
- Assists in other capacities that Director, or designee, determines is necessary.
Desired skills and experience:
- Must meet basic requirements of local child care regulatory agency
- Previous teaching or assistant teaching position in a licensed early childhood program preferred
- Knowledge of the social, emotional and creative needs of young children
- Must be able to lift up to 35 lbs. in connection with the handling of children for the facilitation of programs, child safety, and potential emergency situations. For Infant and Young Toddler teachers, must be able to properly lift infants into and out of a crib.
- Infant - Preschool Teachers: 2 year degree in early childhood or related field preferred
- Pre-Kindergarten Teachers: 4 year degree in early childhood or related field required
- Kindergarten Teacher: 4 year degree in early childhood and certified to teach in the state in which the school operates required
Each Primrose school is a privately owned and operated franchise, and the respective Franchise Owner is the employer at each school. Franchise Owners set their own wage and benefit programs, which vary among Franchise Owners. Primrose Schools and its Franchise Owners are equal opportunity employers. Positions and position titles vary by school.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.00 - $20.00 per hour
We are a very healthy and clean school. All teachers and staff are required to wear masks.
Primrose Schools is a national family of private accredited early education and care schools across the country. We are more than just a daycare. Through our research-informed Balanced Learning® approach, we provide meaningful learning experiences for children beginning at 6 weeks of age. The curriculum in our classrooms for infants, toddlers, preschool, kindergarten and after-school not only inspire a love of learning but also empower children’s potential preparing them for lifelong success. Each Primrose school is independently owned and operated by Franchise Owners, who partner with parents to help children build the right foundation for future learning and life, and offer an environment that helps children have fun while nurturing Active Minds, Healthy Bodies and Happy Hearts®. Our Mission: To forge a path that leads to a brighter future for all children. Our Vision: To deliver the best and most trusted early education and care for children and families across America.
Posting ID: 571512665Posted: 2021-01-19