North Spring Behavioral Healthcare, Inc. is a multifaceted behavioral healthcare system comprised of three programs to serve children and adolescents with a broad spectrum of psychiatric service needs. Programs of service include an 87-bed, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health and Developmental Services licensed, Joint Commission accredited psychiatric residential treatment facility, a Partial Hospitalization Program, and a 16-bed acute psychiatric hospital - which due to high demand - is in the process of expanding to 40 beds (completion February 2021). Our strategic plan for the past two years has been centered on improving fidelity to our evidence-based clinical methodology. North Spring is part of Universal Health Services, Inc. (UHS) one of the Nation's largest and most respected healthcare management companies, operating through its subsidiaries acute care hospitals, behavioral health facilities and ambulatory centers nationwide. Founded in 1978, UHS subsidiaries now have more than 83,000 employees. The UHS business strategy is to build or purchase healthcare properties in rapidly growing markets and create a strong franchise based on exceptional service and effective cost control. Our success comes from a responsive management style and a service philosophy based on integrity, competence and compassion. Our clinical department is welcoming a Recreation Therapist
to join our expanding clinical team. Location
: Beautiful Leesburg, Virginia, 40 miles Northwest of Washington DC. Named one of the best places to live by Money magazine. 45-acre campus in a rural area on the northern edge of Leesburg with a gymnasium, beautiful outdoor campus and high ropes course. Excellent public school system. Compensation package:
Competitive salary. Employee benefits available including exemplary health and related insurance after 30 days, 21 days per year Paid Time Off available after 90 days in addition to an Extended Leave Bank for use when sick, opportunity to purchase stock at discounted prices, and a 401(k) Plan with a generous company match. Three meals a day provided at no cost to employees. Key Responsibilities:
- Completes initial recreation assessment for each resident and after six months of services at North Spring.
- Facilitates group activities twice a week, to each unit in conjunction with gender specific programming.
- Approves monthly activity calendars; to be posted on each unit; makes changes and suggestions of unit specific activities..
- Fulfills responsibilities to the facility in adherence to the philosophy, policies and procedures.
- Prepares facility wide activity calendars with a minimum of four facility wide activities each month.
- Follows documentation requirements to meet the standards for Virginia Department of Behavioral health and Developmental Services, Virginia Medicaid Services, Tricare and Joint Commission.Performs other duties as assigned based on the need of the facility.
Good verbal and written skills, ability to rotate shifts and programs as necessary and ability to maintain confidentiality of resident information. Must consistently exhibit mental and emotional ability to understand and perform the essential functions of the job.
Knowledge of principles of psychology and child growth and development are useful. Limit setting, responding to children and adolescents in a caring, mature manner while maintaining professional boundaries necessary. Education
: Bachelor's degree in related field. Licensure/Certification
: Must have a CTRS certification; current driver's license with a good driving record; CPR certification; First Aid certification, restraint training. Experience
: Prefer Two years of related experience with children, adolescents and young adult population or undergraduate degree in behavioral science.