Titan America is a leading environmentally and socially progressive heavy building materials company employing approximately 2,000 employees, headquartered in Norfolk, Virginia. Titan America is part of the TITAN Group, an independent, multi-regional producer of cement and other related building materials. Our products include cement, aggregate, ready-mixed concrete and fly ash beneficiation. TITAN Group has a record of continuous growth since its establishment in 1902. It has expanded its production and distribution operations into 13 countries, employing more than 5,500 people. Our products protect human life and personal property, improve the quality of life, generate economic prosperity and connect society.
Titan Virginia Ready Mix has an immediate opening for a Sales Representative II in the Springfield, VA region. This salaried exempt position will report to the Sales Manager. The primary function of this role is to promote concrete sales and products, sustain and build customer relationships, and to provide technical support to customers on site.
- Facilitate the expansion of sales to existing customers and the development of sales to new customers
- Gather pertinent information on market conditions and competition in geographical territory and research specifications in order to make informed decisions in preparing bid packages and strategic initiatives
- Develop extensive working relationships with customers, as well as other departments, such as dispatch, quality control and production in order to ensure customer needs are addressed
- Work to resolve customer issues, problems and concerns in a timely and effective manner
- Maintain excellent customer communications regarding timely deliveries, compliments/ complaints, accurate orders, and job-site preparation
- Develop and maintain territory intelligence, identifying market size, customers and competitors
- Serve as a Safety and Logistics liaison on jobsites as needed
- Observe job site testing and perform comparative testing with independent testing agencies
- Communicate with customers, dispatch, and plant supervisors regarding mix utilization and admixture dosage rates
- Perform visual inspection assessments of jobsite conditions, solutions, and recommendations to correct problems if they occur
- Supports Sales and Production departments in resolving quality-based customer queries and complaints
- ACI Field Testing certification preferred or able to obtain within the first six months of hire
- Excellent Business/Financial Acumen – ability to specify and capture business opportunities and make vital financial and business decisions that drive high levels of business results
- Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills along with a customer focused philosophy
- Must be able to build successful relationships, treat and relate to others in open, respectful ways, even in difficult or challenging circumstances
- Self-motivated and results driven with commitment to meeting deadlines
- Computer proficiency, including Word, Excel and Power Point
- 4 year degree in business or marketing preferred
- Possess 1-3 years construction industry experience, knowledge of ready-mix industry preferred
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to co-workers, supervisors, and the general public at all times
- Willingness to work in a team environment and assist co-workers or supervisors with other duties as required
- Working outdoors with exposure to extreme heat, extreme cold and other outdoor environmental conditions, constant standing and walking, climbing, working from heights and lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work flexible shifts including nights, weekends, and overtime
- Job requires the following motions: climbing, stretching, driving/steering, sitting, twisting, vibration, riding on rough terrain, and exposure to extremes of heat or cold weather
- Ability to pass pre-employment processes including criminal background check, physical, and drug screen
- Travel between sites as needed
Titan America is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) / Affirmative Action employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 558019255Posted: 2020-05-29