The Concrete Company is seeking an experienced Human Resources Manager who will be responsible for providing guidance to offsite locations in the areas of staffing, employee relations, safety, compensation/payroll and benefits/401(k) plan administration. The incumbent must be a good communicator and detail oriented with the ability to multitask. The ideal candidate will have experience in a manufacturing environment.
Responsibilities for HR Manager
- Conduct recruitment effort (identify talent, prepare job announcements, screen applicants, interview, make offers) for all exempt and nonexempt positions.
- Provide oversight for multi-state payroll
- Investigate and mediate the resolution of employee relations issues
- Ensure legal compliance and mitigate risk by having a basic understanding of employment laws
- Manage company safety program . Review conformance to OSHA/MSHA and federal, state and local laws regarding occupational safety and health
- Promote the role of Human Resources and enhance the credibility of the function by working collaboratively with team members to proactively share best practices and processes.
- Enforce employee compliance with work rules as described in company policies/procedures.
- Lead annual enrollment and administration of employee benefits. Develop and distribute effective communication about payroll, benefits, compensation, and other related programs.
- Manage year-end compensation cycle to include W2s, 401(k) audit, gross-ups, etc.
- Experience with directly managing workers compensation claims
- Other duties as required
Qualifications for HR Manager
- BS in Human Resources Management or equivalent experience required
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Minimum five (5) years’ functional progressive human resources experience in manufacturing environment preferred
- Ability to work effectively with others, possessing tact and discretion and demonstrate a high level of confidentiality in all matters
- Must have strong computer skills: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, to format reports, presentations, spreadsheets, graphics, etc.
- Self-starter who demonstrates strong initiative and sense of urgency, with the ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be able to travel occasionally, must be comfortable going in and out of a production/manufacturing-based environment.
- Demonstrated leadership experience including knowledge policy adherence, conflict resolution and the ability to resolve issues efficiently and effectively
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate in English, both verbal and written, with internal and external employees/customers in a timely and professional manner; bilingual (Spanish) verbal and written skillset preferred.
- Time management, organizational and multitasking skills necessary to work in a fast-paced environment, handling various tasks and changing priorities, while maintaining a high attention to detail and accuracy to achieve daily assignments and goals.
The Concrete Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Benefits include: Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance; 401(k)
Posting ID: 570163843Posted: 2021-01-16