Lafayette Federal Credit Union has been dedicated to providing the highest level of service to our members since 1935. We understand that in order to give the best to our members we must give the best to our team. As an institution, we are committed to the success of each employee and the betterment of our community. We are proud of our competitive pay and attractive benefits package that provides those with Lafayette Federal careers the resources needed to manage their heath, promote their well-being, and help plan an exciting future. We are currently seeking a motivated, detailed Consumer Loan Servicer to help us continue our tradition of excellence.
Are you a Mortgage professional who is ready to succeed in a conducive yet face-paced work environment with a pool of leads at your fingertips? Looking for competitive compensation structures and endless sales opportunities? If you are and have the credentials we're looking for, you may be our next Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO). This is a truly unique opportunity which comes with a guaranteed annual salary plus competitive commission plan and excellent healthcare benefits are included in this amazing offer. Come join our team and be part of a winning organization which truly cares about its employees Lafayette Federal offers an array of mortgage loan products, including fixed and adjustable rate mortgages, FHA and VA loans, jumbo loans, refinancing options, renovation loans and relocation programs. What sets us apart as a lender of choice is our ability to offer dependable services that meet our members' needs. With finance options designed to meet the financial needs of our borrowers such as products that do not require PMI and offer up to 95% financing, No Closing Costs options, Lender Credits, a First Time Homebuyer program offering up to 97% LTV and many more, our MLOs have all the tools they need to succeed. With our ability to lend anywhere in the United States and a no hassle membership field, your success can begin immediately. We also provide you with a full range of technology solutions and resources to get the job done. Come join the team!
As a member of the Lafayette Federal MLO team, your responsibilities will be to:
- Proactively solicit new residential mortgage business and sell our mortgage products to meet established loan quality and ongoing production goals.
- Develop and maintain a quality network of business relationships that serves as a recurring source of referrals for new mortgage lending opportunities.
- Utilize our membership base to identify potential mortgage opportunities - no cold calls!
- Conduct interviews with prospective borrowers in order to determine the appropriate lending product that meets their needs.
- Review initial application submission, i.e. income assets and credit for accuracy and completeness.
- Notify borrower of required documentation that will be collected such as tax returns, bank statements, purchase agreements, property descriptions, and other required documents to assist with the initiation pf processing.
- Work as liaison between borrower and our Lending Department and Title/Settlement Company and be responsible for resolving any issues within 24 hours of being informed of any problems/concerns.
- Protect the credit union's image by keeping mortgage loan information strictly confidential.
- Be responsible for understanding and complying in an accurate and timely basis with all Bank Secrecy Act/Anti Money Laundering/OFAC requirements that pertain to the MLO position and as directed by management and/or the Compliance Officer.
- Provide outstanding service to both internal and external members by adhering fully to the provisions of our Service Standards Policy.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the VP of Loan Origination, Senior Vice President of Lending, and/or Executive Management.
Qualified candidates will have:
- A positive credit standing
- Three to Five years of experience or currently employed in the mortgage industry
- Active relationships with referral partners and an existing customer database
- Proven track record of success as a Mortgage Loan Originator
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED)
- Must be bilingual and fluent in both English & Spanish
- Ability to motivate or influence other is a material part of the job requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust.
- Ability to meet our high standards of member care and origination conversion
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office applications including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel and other applications.
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to make sound decisions based on company policies and procedures.
- Ability to meet deadlines while prioritizing a changing workload.
- A significant level of trust and diplomacy is required, in addition to normal courtesy and tact. Work involves extensive personal contact with others and is usually of a personal or sensitive nature. Specifically Loan Officers, branch employees, borrowers, realtors, builders, appraisers, title companies, etc. Work may involve motivating, influencing or training others. Outside contacts become important and fostering sound relationships with other entities becomes necessary and often requires the ability to influence and/or sell ideas or services to others.
- Must have the ability to interact with people and focus on details and follow-up on time sensitive material.
- This job operates in a clerical office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Office environment with job duties conducted via telephone, face to face meetings, and on the computer.
*Lafayette Federal Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity and E-Verify Employer.*
Posting ID: 598699263Posted: 2021-01-28