Position Summary:The Account Manager serves as a technical resource for clients, advisors, Insurance Company Partners and prospects while providing prompt, efficient, high-quality service for designated accounts.
- Responsible for gathering the information and risk management recommendations for renewals and for delivering renewals and/or binders as needed.
- Manages all policy activity aspects of assigned accounts including endorsements and invoicing.
- Presents risks to the insurance marketplace for quoting.
- Maintains a concern for timeliness and completeness when interacting with clients, the organization and Insurance Company Partners to minimize potential for errors and omissions claims.
- Receives phone calls and office visitors requesting quotes, changes to existing coverage and/or new policies. Determines acceptability and placement, completes applications or endorsements, and collects premium when applicable.
- Reviews existing accounts to determine if additional lines of insurance should be solicited and does so by mail and/or phone prior to renewal.
- Actively seeks referrals from current client base to solicit for new business prospects; follows up to generate new business using prospect database and automation system.
- Cultivates strong relationships with Insurance Company Partners and is responsible for knowing carrier requirements and attributes.
- Looks for opportunities to improve the firm, business segment and processes. Brings issues and discrepancies to appropriate leadership.
Education, Experience, Skills and Abilities Requirements:
- Obtain and maintain a state insurance license or other state insurance license(s), as required by the State Department of Insurance to provide risk management consulting or risk transfer solutions as necessary in states where the firm functions (or be willing and able to obtain all required licenses within the first 90 days of employment).
- A Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
- Must possess at least 5 - 7 years’ experience and demonstrated proficiency in Commercial Account Management.
- Demonstrates effective presentation skills through verbal and written communications.
- Exhibits excellent client service and problem-solving skills.
- Can comfortably work in a team environment.
- Possesses intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook and the ability to learn any other appropriate insurance company and firm software programs.
- Demonstrates the organization’s core values, exuding behavior that is aligned with corporate culture.
Special Working Conditions:Fast paced, multi-tasking environment.
Some travel may be required.
Important Notice:This position description is intended to describe the level of work required of the person performing in the role and is not a contract. The essential responsibilities are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the organization. All requirements may be modified to reasonably accommodate physically or mentally challenged colleagues.
Posting ID: 604414713Posted: 2021-02-26