Retail Operations InternshipAre you interested in becoming Ace helpful?
Ace has been named a Top Workplace in Chicago and we're looking for the best people to help us fulfill our vision of being the best, most helpful hardware stores on the planet. We're focused on the future, looking for new and better ways to compete in today's marketplace. At Ace, we like to say that we have a soft heart, a steel spine - and we like to win. People are the foundation of what makes Ace great, and we're always looking for ways to improve the employment experience for Ace team members. What we can promise you is that you will gain a sense of accountability and ownership by working hard to build Ace's continued success, and your own. You'll enjoy a competitive, fast-paced and friendly work environment. And, you'll take pride in serving our Ace retail stores and their customers in neighborhoods across the country and around the world. 2021 Summer Internship Program
The Ace Internship program allows you to apply skills and knowledge you're learning in College today, while contributing in a hands-on environment to fit your career objectives, complement your academic work and enhance your learning. Here's what you will take away from your experience this summer:
- Real hands-on experience in your assigned department/function with day-to-day projects, responsibilities, accountabilities and deadlines.
- Opportunity to partner with other interns over the summer on a Capstone project, presenting your findings and recommendations to Ace's Leadership
- Q & A with Ace's CEO and Senior Leadership team
- Resume Workshop to help you prepare for future opportunities
- Opportunity to volunteer through the Ace Hardware Foundation
- Teambuilding activities and more.
Your internship experience at Ace will give you the knowledge and skills future employers will look for! Want to hear more? Please review our Glassdoor comments from former interns! About this Opportunity
At Ace, the Retail Operations team supports the growth and development of our 5,300+ stores across the country. The Corporate Retail Operations Intern
will take part in supporting our Field team of nearly 200 folks tasked with increasing sales, driving transactions, and growing Retailers' profits by adding 160+ new stores and executing 200+ store renovation projects. The Corporate Retail Operations Intern will work collaboratively with the corporate-based teams that support our Field organization - Corporate Retail Operations, New Business, and Project Management.
The candidate will support our vision to be the most helpful field organization in Retail
- Assisting with the development of Retail Readiness tools focused on communicating, training, and executing new programs and processes.
- Aiding with Strategic Accounts such a Multi-Store Owners, Progressive Ace Leaders, and Retailer Group Leaders.
- Supporting the marketing efforts to prospective Ace owners along with the life cycle of an Ace Hardware store.
- Understanding the Project Management process from store planning to merchandising.
Why this opportunity?
The ideal intern will possess the following:
- Develop relationships across the company; the Retail Operations Team collaborates with numerous departments.
- Establish or strengthen an understanding of Salesforce, DocuSign, GoToTraining, Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams, and Word).
- Gain hands-on experience supporting a Field organization and projects that are vital to the business.
We want to hear from you!
- Entering Senior year of college (graduating May 2022 / December 2021)
- Working towards a bachelor's degree in Business Administration (or related) with a focus on Sales and/or Communications (or related)
- Ability to work 40 hours per week, Monday - Friday for 12 weeks in the summer (could be onsite, virtual or a combination of both pending the current COVID-19 pandemic situation)
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to collaborate and form strong working relationships cross-functionally
- Adaptability to work independently or in a team environment
- Analytical, improvement processes, and problem-solving skills
- Ambitious self-starter who has demonstrated the ability to contribute as an effective team member
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Capable and willing to give presentations to colleagues and upper management
- Knowledge and interest in Ace Hardware
- Retail experience a plus
When most people think of career opportunities with Ace Hardware, they often think of the helpful cashiers and sales associates at their local store. However, have you also considered the people behind the scenes who select, promote, ship and process the invoices for more than 75,000 products? Maybe you haven't, but we'd like you to. Because together we help our customers take care of their homes. Come find out why a career with the Ace Hardware Corporation is one of America's best kept secrets. Equal Opportunity Employer
Ace Hardware Corporation and its subsidiaries are committed to a policy of promoting equal employment opportunities. The company recognizes the importance of diversity and leveraging the skills and talents of all people to the mutual advantage of each individual and the organization. The company is committed to the prevention of employment discrimination related to race, religion, color, sex (including sexual harassment), gender identity, national origin, age, marital status, disability and military or veteran status, sexual orientation or any other action covered by federal or applicable state/local laws.