Shipping Material Handler I
The following requirements (in the boxes below) are to be used as a job description for hiring purposes;
· High School Diploma or equivalent GED
· Able to communicate in English, verbally and in writing
· Minimum 1 year of related work experience
· Able to lift a maximum of 50 lbs occasionally, and/or up to 20 lbs frequently, and/or up to 10 lbs constantly to move objects.
· Able to operate desktop and portable computers, including access and search through electronic databases
· Able to walk, sit, crouch, crawl, bend, reach, stretch and especially stand for long periods of time in a warehouse environment.
Job Specific Requirements
· Demonstrates an understanding of the warehouse process and the material handler’s impact on company business
· Demonstrates attention to detail and the ability to recognize non-conformances between observed product, P/N’s, packaging, etc.
· Able to apply logic and reasoning when determining how to proceed with non-conformances, exceptions, etc.
Additional Working Conditions
· Position constantly requires workers to be operating, and / or in close proximity to, moving vehicles.
· Position may be subject to working in high places while operating equipment.
· Able to operate material handling equipment efficiently and safely.
· Able to work in non-climate controlled environment (hot or cold).
· Able to operate equipment safely such as: forklift, picker, and pallet
· Assisting on physical inventories as needed.
· Perform warehouse equipment preventative maintenance on a regular basis.
· Performs additional duties as assigned.
Including, but not limited to the following:
· Picking and building products for orders for customer shipments.
· Assisting the Shipping Lead and Warehouse Supervisor as needed.
· Has in-depth knowledge of WMS System to effectively carryout daily responsibilities.
· Assisting in aisle maintenance.
· Has in-depth up to date knowledge of all inventory (i.e. packaging, U of M’s, etc.) to effectively carryout daily responsibilities.
· Maintaining the warehouse in a clean and organized manner.
The following competencies are to be used in support of employee evaluations
Job Specific Competencies
· Ability to navigate the WMS and 4D system and execute functions within using Handheld Scanners or On-Board Computer.
· Working knowledge of product lines, customers and vendors
· Working knowledge of company warehousing, receiving, inventory and shipping procedures
· Working knowledge of inventory including packaging, U of M’s, domestic/international product, product bases (ti/hi)
· Ability to efficiently and safely operate and maintain warehouse equipment
· Ability to recognize discrepancies and take appropriate corrective action
· Working knowledge of standard shipping documents including Bill of Lading, Packing List, etc.
· Ability to transfer knowledge to colleagues and new hires
Company Specific Competencies
· Demonstrates cooperation and gains respect and trust of co-workers
· Takes initiative for continuous improvement by actively seeking out new responsibilities and demonstrates a willingness to learn other areas of the business
· Demonstrates flexibility, time management and the ability to adjust work plans to meet changing company needs
· Demonstrates the ability to take direction, accept guidance and receive criticism willingly
· Demonstrates the ability to follow through on specified assignments independently
· Meets company standards of attendance and punctuality
· Participates in and contributes to team effectiveness
· Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers
· Demonstrates the ability to apply critical thinking and problem solving skills
· Understands company culture, strategic vision and impact of their role on company success
· Listens actively and expresses thoughts clearly, accurately and concisely
· Follows established safety procedures