Sodexo is seeking a Facilities / Engineering Manager 2 for HOPS located in McLean, VA.
This position will oversee our Commercial Kitchen Equipment Maintenance Program and Technicians reporting directly to this role in 16 Secure Government Facilities. Position will manage up to 2 technicians, Sodexo systems, parts, ordering, client interaction, and billing.
Are You the One?
Our clients depend on your expertise to help them to optimize their business. If you are a Strategic Facilities Manager with the ability to develop innovative technical solutions while successfully managing key performance indicators to drive strong business results, this may be the opportunity for you!
Combine your proven leadership and Facilities Management technical expertise to enhance existing client programs including short- and long-range planning, preventative and corrective maintenance and energy management services.
Reporting directly to the District Manager, this job will be responsible for managing a team of 2 with a scope of 16 Secure Government Facilities.
This position will require top secret clearance with a polygraph interview.
Ideal Candidates will have the following:
Driver's license and good driving record
Basic knowledge of electrical, plumbing, carpentry, drywall, painting, and mechanical
Ability to Attain Federal Government Security Clearance
**Maximo System Utilization and prior Sodexo experience is a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
Is this opportunity right for you? We are looking for candidates who have:
Learn more about Sodexo's Benefits
Not the job for you?
At Sodexo, we offer Facilities Management positions in Corporate, Schools, Universities, Energy and Resources, Government and Agencies, Healthcare and Senior Living locations across the United States. Continue your search for Facilities Management jobs.
More transactional; daily interaction with hourly staff and SPOC. Supervises hourly staff and is the first line of response for customers. Focuses on emergency work orders and safety.
• Implementing SDX procedures/programs to achieve operational goals/performance in managing - mechanical - Hard FM - Electric, plumber, HVAC, and mechanical; carpentry (would fall under skilled mechanical).
• Scope - number of management technicians/generalists? Or trades? / level of interaction with client vs chain of command / unit financial responsibility / safety /
• Number of buildings / square footage levels / level of sophisticated systems - HVAC / electronics / Labs
• Level of self-performed tasks vs. contractor management/ staffing levels may be less than Healthcare - more redundancy of systems; HC more regulatory "Joint Commission which dictates more annual/planned processes
• Preventive and corrective maintenance; predictive maintenance.
• Greater than 500k sq ft; over 10 - 12 trades
• Day to day management of the maintenance operations of the account. Oversight communication workflow management; Building trades and mechanical trades - electrical, plumbing, carpentry, HVAC (Hard FM) - Scope of responsibility is greater for a Manager 2 - more technical and more management; may have a Manager 1 reporting this position
Critical 1 - Mechanically competent
Critical 2 - People skills - communication/mgmt.
Interpersonal skills important
Scope may mandate this position; technical competency level may also be a differentiator
Supervision of all outside contractors/vendors for site
Responsible for overseeing facilities staff, training and hr functions for unit
Financial= labor, inventory, supplies, UFS
Performs facilities maintenance functions as required.
Manages events (schools)
Communicates directly with customers
Responsible for CMMS
Implement SDX programs/ procedures/ policies/ systems
Safety - client and SDX employee safety
Mechanical systems - maintaining operational capability of mechanical systems
Multiple buildings requiring mechanical systems oversight
Scheduling and work flow management - greater scope
Basic Education Requirement - Associate's Degree or equivalent experience
Basic Management Experience - 2 years
Basic Functional Experience - 2 years work experience in facilities maintenance, plant operations or engineering services
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer.