**To be considered for this position, apply online at: https://q3contracting.jobs.net/ **
It’s an exciting time to join Q3 Contracting! We are growing and need to add talent. Q3 Contracting, a division of Primoris Services Corporation, is a publicly owned and operated construction contracting company that provides both specific and turnkey services for its customers in the gas, oil, electric and telecommunications industry. Q3 Contracting’s goal is to exceed customer expectation with superior service, workmanship and innovative problem solving. If you fit our culture and are looking for a new position, with opportunities to advance and grow with a reputable, stable company, look no further!
We are seeking up to 15 qualified candidates to fill multiple Utility Designer positions at our Aurora, CO location. We are adding Designers at varying experience levels - associates level (entry level, with training provided), mid-career, and highly experienced designers are all encouraged to apply.
Primary Responsibilities include : new distribution and service designs for customers who need gas and electrical facilities. Provide cost effective designs and first-class customer service while balancing regulations and engineering standards. A successful Utility Designer will be self-motivated, adaptable to change, a strong problem solver and have expert time-management skills with a focus on meeting deadlines.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Act as primary point of contact and liaison between customers, construction and utility providers.
- Design facilities for new and existing customers according to the customer’s construction standards.
- Read and interpret multiple types of construction drawings (one lines, mechanical, plumbing, etc.) to determine job scopes.
- Manage and report on multiple projects from start to finish.
- Work with area engineers, customers and local division support to meet deadlines.Obtain permits and easements for facilities in accordance with city ordinances, state, federal, and county agencies as required.
- Execute contracts and agreements in compliance with administrative instructions and regulatory requirements.
- Actively communicate with customers, vendors, and supervisors on all aspects of individual jobs.
- Provide cost effective estimates to your customers using standardized documents.
- Schedule and attend meetings on-site with customers to determine site-specific requirements
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Associates or Bachelors degree in a design, construction or related field preferred
- Proficient user of Microsoft applications including Word, Excel and OutlookWorking knowledge of GIS or similar mapping software is desired, but not required
- Experience working with underground utilitiesExperience working in SAP platform preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required;
- ability to maintain a high level of professionalism when interacting with all customers (internal / external)
- Must possess and maintain an appropriate and valid Driver’s License for the state in which the primary work functions are performed
- Strong customer service skills, with the ability to build relationships
- Excellent analytical skills with high-level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities to be effective and efficient
- Must be comfortable and effective working in an environment with changing demands, delays and responding to unexpected situations
- Ability to maintain and protect confidential information
- Bilingual Spanish skills desired, but not required
Q3 Contracting is a drug-free environment
This position requires both pre-employment.
Q3 Contracting provides competitive market pay, with a comprehensive benefit package that includes:
- Dental and Vision insurance
- 401(k) with Generous Company Match
- Company-paid Disability InsuranceCompany-paid Life Insurance
- Paid HolidaysPaid Vacation & Sick Time
Qualified minorities and women are encouraged to apply.
Q3 Contracting, a division of Primoris Services Corporation, is a publicly owned and operated construction contracting company that provides both specific and turnkey services for its customers in the gas, oil, electric and telecommunications industry. Our labor force is experienced and highly mobile. In total, the company workforce is over 1800, with headquarters in Minnesota and branch offices in Colorado, Wisconsin, Indiana, Iowa, Michigan, Ohio, Nebraska, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Washington.
Q3 Contracting’s goal: To exceed all customer expectation with superior service, workmanship and innovative problem solving.
Posting ID: 563307380Posted: 2020-09-26