- Technical Product Manager - Data
- Location: Tysons, VA or Denver, CO (Once COVID Subsides)
- Reports to: Director of Product Management Operations
- Start Date: Immediately
The Technical Product Manager - Data will be responsible for the day-to-day management, and delivery on multiple related QOMPLX products. Specifically, the Technical Product Manager - Data will work with product leadership to ensure that the product's vision is executed and communicated according to standard processes to ensure company-wide alignment. The Technical Product Manager - Data will also be very comfortable working in a fast-moving, dynamic environment with a keen focus on customer success.
In short, we are looking for a self-motivated, hardworking and eager-to-learn product manager to assist across the team with strategic and tactical implementations while rapidly growing via exposure and mentoring from product leadership on a variety of cross-functional initiatives.
- Work with cross-functional development teams to collaboratively translate requirements into front end, back end, integration and deployment tasks, ensuring they have an adequate description and acceptance criteria.
- Organize tasks in sprints using Jira, working with product leadership to align on prioritization.
- Maintain an up-to-date roadmap through synchronizing tasks and sprints.
- Create Roadmap presentations.
- Participate in stand-ups, backlog grooming, and other agile ceremonies as required by the product management operations org.
- Manage and document product releases.
- Representing the customer for the development team.
- Any additional responsibilities as indicated in the QOMPLX Product Management Process.
- Understanding of Data Modeling concepts (2nd Normal Form, 3NF) & Database Concepts (SQL vs NoSQL, Graph, Time-series)
- Understanding of ETL and ELT patterns and differences thereof
- Familiarity with the UML standard
- Reside in the greater Washington D.C. area or be able to relocate
- Bachelor's degree
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience directly related to Product Management
- Experience working with development teams, both on-site and in remote offices around the globe. Ability to use this experience to prioritize and plan achievable work deliverables from product roadmaps.
- Effective organizational skills with strong attention to detail
- Exceptional communication skills - both written and verbal
- Prior experience using Cloud Data Warehousing Products is a plus
- Basic understanding of Query Languages such as SQL, Lucene.
- Experience with SaaS product offerings in a cloud computing environment
- Experience with Atlassian products
- Pragmatic Marketing certification
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive salary
- Full range of benefits, including 401(k) and medical, dental & vision coverage
- Flexible “Personal Time Off (PTO)” plan and 10+ paid holiday days per year
QOMPLX makes it faster and easier for organizations to integrate all of the disparate internal and external data sources across the enterprise via a unified analytics infrastructure that supports better decision-making at scale. This enterprise data-fabric is called QOMPLX OS: an enterprise operating system that powers QOMPLX’s decision platforms in cybersecurity, insurance, and quantitative finance.
We pride ourselves on integrity, humility, resourcefulness, collaboration and our ability to tackle the world’s most demanding problems, and we are looking for exceptional talent to help us grow.
QOMPLX started in 2015 with the vision to harness complexity for everyone. After over 750K hours of engineering, we launched foundational capabilities ranging from data handling, analytics, and reporting to advanced algorithms, simulations, and machine learning to help companies see their world differently and in greater detail to solve their toughest challenges. Today, QOMPLX makes it faster and easier for organizations to integrate all of the disparate data sources across the enterprise into a unified analytics infrastructure to make better decisions. This broader analytics infrastructure is provided through QOMPLX:OS, an enterprise operating system that also powers QOMPLX’s decision platforms for cybersecurity, insurance underwriting, and quantitative finance.
Posting ID: 598623226Posted: 2021-01-20