Embedded Software Engineer (Firmware)
Location: Germantown, MD
Type: Full Time Min. Experience: Mid-Level
Qrypt is looking for Software Engineers with expertise in embedded development, kernel programming, telecommunications (networking), and performance engineering in a mixed C/C++ environment. You will be playing a crucial role in the design, development, testing, deployment and maintenance of our end-to-end encryption systems engineered for everything from IoT to the Cloud.
As a Qrypt Software Engineer, you will successfully design, code, unit test, verify, and deploy software subsystems, by documenting requirements and designs, modeling the design and achieving test coverage, delivering software into the integration and operational baselines, testing and supporting testing of the software in situ (on hardware), aiding audits of products for the baseline, and meeting schedules you set with the team. You will use software engineering processes in a test-driven environment to assure product quality.
- Work as part of a larger team to bring software systems from concept to product.
- Design and implement software for control of quantum random number generators, critical infrastructure components, and cryptographic engines.
- Model, document, and verify (using test-driven-development) all designs prior to deployment for integration.
- Demonstrate problem solving ability leading to successful deployment and operation of designs.
- Test and verify designs on hardware, in concert with hardware and/or network engineers.
- Provide recommendations for continuous improvement and automation.
- Provide support to product delivery and operations.
Due to the nature of our product, employees must have the ability to obtain a security clearance in the future.
- Candidate needs to be able to work at our Germantown, MD location.
- Professional C development experience for embedded products, minimum 4 years.
- Low level, bare metal programming for various microcontrollers including Atmel and Microchip.
- Experience developing PC host software for debug/testing purposes.
- Experience taking an embedded product through internal/external qualification testing and into production.
- Competent using Linux workstations and laboratory equipment (oscilloscopes, logic analyzers).
- Able to read schematics and datasheets.
- Nice to have: Experience in establishing software to support manufacturing tests and product customization.
- Nice to have: Experience with networking protocols and technologies (Ethernet, IP, multicast, IPsec, VPN)
- Nice to have: Experience with industrial communication protocols (Modbus, DNP3, IEC 61850)
- Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline (mathematics, physics, electrical engineering, aerospace engineering, mechanical engineering, computer science, or computer engineering; preferred); 4 years of suitable additional experience in lieu of a degree.
- Prior military or intelligence service or contract work strongly preferred.
- Experience with US Government -- specifically NASA/DoD/IC -- strongly desired.
- You are comfortable working in an environment built around security and privacy.
- You want to be part of a team creating products that impact the world for the better.
- You care about quality, and you value effective communication and collaboration as the way to make better products.
- You like being responsible for delivering smart, reliable, maintainable systems that secure our customers’ data and privacy.
- You're interested in working with leading technologies in the quantum information sciences: quantum random number generation, post-quantum cryptography, secure messaging, and privacy preservation techniques.
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive Pay
- Paid Time Off
- Medical and dental plan participation
- Strong 401K matching program
Qrypt is an early stage technology startup building the next generation of cryptography to protect from the threat of quantum computers and those machines and mathematics yet to be invented. Our passion is to help organizations and people keep their data private – forever. We securely build, design, and deploy safe systems that provide Everlasting Security (TM) and defend our users’ privacy. Together, we will transform the way the world safeguards data and communications!
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 570661012Posted: 2020-09-29