Overview Must be able to work shift schedule: Mon 6pm-6am; Tues, Fri., Sat. & Sun 10pm-6am
By means of hand trucks, forklifts and other means, the Storekeeper will be responsible for the movement, documentation and communication of all raw materials, and finished product to and from the Production floor and the Warehouse.
- Reads and understands schedules, customer orders, shipping orders, pallet tags, material transfers and other documents or reports in order manage workload.
- Verifies and records product codes, descriptions and count of all new production sent to warehouse to determine completeness and accuracy.
- Conveys materials from production areas to storage by hand truck or forklift and ensure proper documented transfers.
- Processes material transfers for movement of all raw material and packaging to and from production. Sorts and places materials in warehouse locations according to requirements
- Keep up with production output requirements in a fast pace environment.
- Promotes and ensures compliance with safety policies, practices and regulations. Keeps abreast of any changes to safety requirements. Comply with Job Safety Analysis procedures. Identify and report unsafe conditions to appropriate staff.
- Must be able to work any shift and overtime as needed and on short notice as required.
- Maintains efficiency, housekeeping and Good Manufacturing Practices
- Regular attendance is an essential function. Berry Plastics will need to arrange to cover the duties in case of scheduled and unscheduled absences. Scheduled absence may be accommodated depending on the circumstance but it is disruptive to the workforce to arrange short notice coverage unscheduled absences.
To perform this job successfully, the applicable candidate must be a team player and able to make decisions under pressure with a cross functional team of individuals and be flexible to work with all shifts. Able to work overtime on short notice. The additional requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.Education:
Minimum high school or related experience/knowledge; or equivalent combination of education and experience.Communication:
Fluent in English strongly preferred; read, write and speak. Ability to read and interpret documents such as material transfers, bill of materials and other related documents.Mathematical Skills:
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.Reasoning Ability:
Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.Computer Skills:
Ability to use computers. Knowledge of software and QSI as well as other productions related software. JD Edwards and DCLink strongly preferred.
- Forklift experience
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and adjust schedule in a fast pace work environment and make timely decisions in a production environment
- Demonstrated organizational skills
- Lean manufacturing a strong plus.
Posting ID: 575790774Posted: 2020-09-24