Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Are you ready for a New and Fun career where we will train you to become a printer? We are looking for talented people to join our team beginning late Summer, early Fall!
At Quad, you'll begin at a competitive entry-level wage of $16 an hour with immediate opportunities to advance - driving you to be better than yesterday.
We offer support at every step of your career with on-site healthcare facilities, 401(k) retirement savings, paid holidays and vacations, and many more great benefits.
You'll proudly wear Quad blue and stand shoulder to shoulder with the team that's transforming an industry. Your work matters at Quad.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
- Work with loose and/or completed product by stacking onto pallets, transferring to tables & placing into a collator hopper or into mail bags.
- Move product/skids with a hand jack, motorized Raymond (Big Joe) lift or Forklift (training provided).
- Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
- Effectively communicate with team members.
- Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
- Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18-years of age or older
- Printing, factory, or other mechanical work experience a plus
- Strong mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to write and read measurements.
- Ability to read, understand and follow both written and verbal instructions.
- The ability to use a computer/manipulate touch screens
- The ability to use repetitive hand/wrist movement
- Ability to lift stacks of end boards or banding strap rolls (~30 -60lbs) as needed
- The ability to take stacks of loose signatures or bundles ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet or conveyor up to 48" in height and transfer to table top work surface 42", and then place into a collator hopper or mail bags that potentially weigh from 5-75 lbs.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize job need.
- Ability to be a team player in a fast paced, detail orientated production environment.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently
- 12 hour rotating shifts (either 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. or 7 p.m. - 7 a.m.) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays. working 3 - 4 days a week,
Be a force to be reckoned with. Be something greater. Be Quad.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
Posting ID: 576429850Posted: 2020-09-28