ORSA personnel provide a unique skill set that integrates military knowledge and experience with mathematics, statistics, quantitative analysis, and other scientific techniques to effectively solve a wide array of complex problems. ORSAs manage large quantities of data, translate these data into useful insights, and develop strategies and metrics to provide on-site tactical, operational, and strategic recommendations to senior leaders and decision-makers. The mission of J9 is to provide leaders with actionable insights from data-driven analysis of operations, processes, and capabilities to identify trends, inform assessments of effectiveness, and mitigate risk. JIDA ORSAs support a full-range of exercises and are deployed/embedded with units in theater. ORSAs deploy with the full reach-back capabilities from J9 personnel. Reach-back offers greater resources when the complexity or scope of a given problem exceeds ORSAs deployed capabilities. Additionally, J9 ORSAs support JIDA by identifying significant IED and improvised threat trends and provide predictive analysis of enemy-initiated attacks to assist in planning. The subcontractor shall provide expertise and resources to support these functions. Experienced ORSAs are appropriately credentialed, possess an advanced degree, are TS/SCI eligible, and have a minimum of eight years of experience within the OR field. This position will be on a four month rotation between Reston VA and Kuwait.
- Applies methods supporting C-IED efforts in a current theater of operation.
- Performs as a highly skilled analysts conducting data mining, statistical analysis, causal analysis, and geospatial analytical methods.
- Provides cohesive analytical products for a senior military audience.
- Supports pattern analysis methods formulation of recommendations to operational commanders based upon exploiting patterns in the current theater of operations.
- Uses industry-standard software to accomplish analyses and develop trends.
- Creates high quality visualization products for the JIEDDO Leadership.
- Conducts reviews of studies and analyses.
- Produces responsive analysis products using Operations Research (OR) techniques.
- Routinely interfaces with Service, DoD, and special organizations.
- Must have current passport good for the year of deployment.
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Has eight (8) years of hands-on experience conducting operations analysis. The eight (8) years can be a combination of four (4) years of military ORSA service and four (4) years of government civilian support to DoD, CCMDs or Services.
- Has at least two (2) years of applied operations research (OR) experience with C-IED efforts in a current theater of operations.
- Has master’s degree in one of the following disciplines: Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Engineering, Science, Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
- Has written and verbal communications skills and must possess the ability to communicate effectively with USG customers, executive and senior leadership, and support management staff.
- Has presentation skills, with an ability to design, develop and deliver high-quality deliverables created through collaboration.
- U.S. Citizenship is required to be eligible.
- Must have an active Top Secret/SCI Clearance.
Benefits and Perks
BMA, attracts the most highly motivated and qualified professionals in the Professional Services and Technology industry. We appreciate the importance of high caliber professionals and offer an attractive total compensation plan that includes:
- Competitive salary
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurances
- Matched 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Paid time off (PTO) and federal holidays
- Tuition reimbursement
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 563359957Posted: 2020-10-23