Leidos's Military & Veterans Health Solutions Group is currently seeking experienced Deputy Deployment Lead to support of the Department of Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program in Vienna, VA.
Defense Healthcare Management System Modernization (DHMSM) program, a highly visible $4.3b single award IDIQ vehicle that provides support to the Defense Health Agency. The DHMSM program is the DoD's leading program designed to deploy a modern Electronic Health Record (EHR) system across the United States and around the globe.
Leidos, with core partners Cerner, Accenture, and Henry Schein, will support the DHMSM program executive office (PEO) and the Defense Health Agency in the initial operating capability deployment and the global deployment of our proposed EHR that will deliver improved system capability to the DoD whenever and wherever healthcare is required.
The DHMSM system provides important Health IT capabilities to 9.6 million active Military, their families, and their beneficiaries. The system will replace the current EHR AHLTA/CHCS, which Leidos built and currently provides sustainment services at locations around the world.
- Oversees Partner staff from Accenture, Henry Schein and Cerner. Staffing from these sources varies according to Wave is flight and scale- typically between 100 and 200 technical application staff. (Numbers may flex)
- Utilize expert domain knowledge, professional principles and theories to develop advanced concepts, techniques, solutions and standards for Deployment.
- Serve as a Subject Matter Expert within one of the professional Deployment area.
- Point of contact for our government customer in the Deployment area. Shall provide overall leadership and guidance for all Leidos and its partner personnel assigned to the area.
- Directly provide reports to the DHMSM Program Manager who has overall responsibility for the DHMSM contract. Ability to coordinate with Leidos Senior Management is critical.
- Accountable for developing costs that support deployment wave task orders and proposals.
- Administering CDRLs, achieving contract performance requirements documented as "QASP" goals.
- Accountability to deliver Waves at or under costs, providing a "best possible Wave" to customers and resolving barriers, challenges and execution events as we proceed.
- Works closely with the Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead to define the Control Account (CA) work scope, schedule and budget.
- As the primary Deputy, Duties include regularly engaging with all levels of Customer leadership and staff. Interaction with senior leadership from Defense Health Services, military health Services and other key stakeholders.
- Key contributor to individual Wave Implementation Plan development, resourcing, costing, continuous improvement, adjustment to support added capabilities to MHS GENESIS baseline, providing oversight, project discipline, execution coaching and customer communications, senior leadership briefings and a wide array of RFP, Task Order, Planning, Risk Management and other project control/performance activities.
- Bachelor's degree in technical or business discipline and 15+ years prior relevant experience or Master's degree with 13+ years of prior relevant experience
- US Citizen with ability to obtain Public Trust Clearance. Contract requirement
- Experience as a Project or Program Manager with ability to communicate with Senior Executive Leadership (internally or client) regarding matters of strategic importance to the organization/project
- Project management or project control experience working with Work Breakdown Structure (WBS), Integrated Master Schedule, and work authorizations understanding of cost and schedule development as well as controls to conduct root cause analysis and identify corrective actions
- Experience with development of Estimate To Complete (ETC) and Estimate At Complete (EAC) experience with baseline change control processes
- Experience with monthly schedule status processes
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team
- Experience with risk management
- Possess a current Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP) certification (preferred)
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Public Trust Clearance. US Citizenship is required. Federal contract requirement.
- Demonstrated research, analysis, critical thinking and problem solving skills as displayed by past performance and successful execution of complex, visible and fast-paced programs.
- Experience in large scale Health IT deployment projects:
- Deployment of a large-scale commercial EHR, training, change management, clinical engagement.
- Working knowledge of EVMS and scheduling processes.
- Understanding of DOD Military Health System operations, practices, organization and culture.
- Comprehensive experience with government contract administration, CDRL processes expectations of quality and compliance with necessary detail.
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 10% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Proj and Prog Management
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.