For 50 years, QualiTech, Inc. has been a global manufacturer and marketer of products and technologies focused on improving the wellbeing of people, animals, plants and the environment. Together, we make ideas that work!
If you're looking for a collaborative team environment where you can learn and grow, a place where you can develop genuine relationships at all levels of the organization, and if you are interested in working for a family-owned, professionally-managed company, you're looking in the right place. QualiTech is seeking an experienced Technical Services Manager for our Monogastric Nutrition program to play a vital role within our Animal Nutrition division.
Playing a vital role within the Animal Nutrition division, the Technical Services Manager, Monogastric Nutrition will lead QualiTech's Monogastric Nutrition program through the development, testing and technical support delivery for our poultry and swine product lines. This role will work closely with our Commercial team to provide technical leadership through relevant literature development, presentations in conferences and trade events, and through direct interaction with customers. The Technical Services Manager, Monogastric Nutrition will serve as QualiTech's technical subject matter expert in the animal nutrition industry, including: customers, nutritionists, professional associations, and academia.
Major Areas of Responsibility
- Provide nutritional expertise, including in-house formulation, field technical services work, and other technical matters to support QualiTech business growth.
- Provide technical assistance to the Commercial (Sales & Marketing) Team as required, inclusive of customer visits.
- Write product specification and technical sales literature based upon proprietary trial data, and/or via peer reviewed literature. In addition, provide regulatory oversite (e.g. FDA, USDA and AAFCO) on technical and commercial literature as well as product formulations.
- Lead the relationship between QualiTech and outside researchers to establish trial protocols, manage trial execution, and provide key progress updates to the RPD Director. Deliver trial data and recommendations on time and on budget.
- Serve as the animal nutrition subject matter expert on the Animal Nutrition Innovation Team.
- Represent QualiTech at designated technical meetings, share key learnings, and contribute relevant ideas to the Innovation Team.
- Maintain current knowledge of competitive products and developments in the industry.
- Work with QA/regulatory team, ensuring product formulations abide by current regulations.
- Assist in the development of marketing materials and programs to drive growth of QualiTech's product lines.
Position Location & Travel
- Preference will be given to candidates located within the Twin Cities Metro area
- Remote location will be considered for all qualified candidates
- Approximately 20-40% travel (including international) will be required at times.
Education and Experience
- Ph.D. in animal nutrition, specifically in poultry nutrition (primary) or swine nutrition (secondary), with a minimum of 10+ years of industry experience.
- Industry or academic exposure to ruminant (beef & dairy) animal nutrition required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with our Commercial Team to deliver distinctive solutions to key stakeholders, including customers, nutritionists, and consultants.
- Provide nutritional expertise, including in-house formulation (e.g. Brill), field technical services work and other key technical matters to ensure customer success.
- Proven technical writing and presentation skills, with the ability to communicate effectively to relevant audiences, both technical and non-technical.
- Proven track record of directing and coordinating customer specific animal trials.
- Proven ability to build trust with key animal industry stakeholders.
Knowledge and Skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of the animal production industry, with focus on poultry and swine.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with the Product Development Team to commercialize new technologies as requested, and provide downstream nutrition subject matter expertise support to Regulatory, QA, and Commercial Teams.
- Strong analytical skills (statistical analysis), with proven ability to translate complex technical information into customer-relevant recommendations.
- Have the ability to write technical articles, prepare feeding programs, interpret scientific literature and understand FDA regulations.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills required.
- Ability to work collaboratively with other departments (Sales, Marketing, Product Development)
- Extensive knowledge of government regulations as they pertain to animal nutrition
QualiTech is seeking candidates who:
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
- Want to contribute and make an impact for our company and our customers
- Wish to work for a company with a clear strategy for growth
- Understand the high value placed on customer relationships
- Are curious and interested in our company and our customer's industries
- Conduct themselves with integrity, honesty and transparency
- Are responsible, accountable and dependable
Posting ID: 576568976Posted: 2020-09-29