FAM Construction, LLC is a joint venture between Ferrovial Agroman and Allan Myers. Ferrovial has been active in the North American transportation industry since 1999. Ferrovial's experience includes some of the largest, most complex transportation projects in the United States. Allan Myers is the largest heavy civil construction company and materials provider in the Mid-Atlantic.
Together they have been awarded the Transform I-66 Outside the Beltway project, this project involves multi-modal improvements to 22.5 miles of I-66 corridor from I-495 in Fairfax County to University Boulevard in Prince William County. The project features two express lanes alongside three regular lanes in each direction, with space in the median for future transit; corridor-wide bike and pedestrian improvements; and safety and operational improvements at key interchanges throughout the corridor.
***FAM Construction LLC is committed to the safety of all employees and applicants; all measures, including telephone/video interviewing and social distancing are in practice during the interview and onboarding process***
- Responsible for oversee Power and Communications relocations, including work being completed by Subcontractors to company as well as work being completed by utility company forces or contractors to utility companies.
- Ideal candidate will have significant career experience managing multiple self-perform crews and / or subcontractors in one or more of the following:
- Installation of electrical and / or communications duct banks / communications ducts
- Installation of fiber optic systems
It is preferred that the candidate have the above experience in the context of transportation construction projects. It is also desirable that the candidate have significant experience in directional drilling, either in the context of directly leading / managing crews of installation, or in the context of managing subcontractors. It is anticipated that the successful candidate will have experience either as a superintendent of a utility contractor, or in a managerial role with a communication company.
- Investigate and document existing utility facilities, including coordination with utility companies as necessary.
- Day to day management of utility subcontractors.
- Coordination of crews contracted to or working directly for communications and power companies
- Coordinate with utility owners to provide inspection as required, to schedule cutovers, outages, etc. and to schedule Utility company / contractor forces.
- Review proposed power and communications relocation concepts and design and provide feedback regarding constructability and cost saving measures.
- Propose approaches and alternatives to improve schedule (duration of relocations);
- Manage company personnel to ensure all work is inspected and properly documented, and that all required testing is coordinated and occurs.
- Notify project managers of any required field changes to ensure compliance with overall project design and applicable policies.
- Enforce company quality, safety and environmental policies.
- Coordinate with roadway construction superintendents to determine scope of and ensure completion of pre-requisite activities prior to commencement of relocations, and coordinate surrounding activities during relocation.
- Respond to any reported utility strikes, identify and notify the utility owner, and coordinate with company forces as needed to assist with repairs. Investigate and document responsible party and cause.
- Keep track of tickets for materials, work, equipment, MOT, etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- High school degree;
- Five to 10 Years of Experience;
- Microsoft Word and Excel;
- OSHA 30 Hour Safety Course (preferable)
- Supervisor Training (preferable)
**FAM Construction LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer**
Note: The Statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and levels of work performed by employees, but are not a complete list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the employer.
Posting ID: 563538927Posted: 2020-09-28