Want to have some fun every day?
The fun, family-friendly vibes at The Comus Inn start with our team. Opening in October 2020, we are currently searching for highly motivated, responsible, and respectful persons to become a part of our family! Offering competitive pay and benefits, applicants should possess a great attitude, strong work ethic, uncompromised morals, and a desire to help create the ultimate family-friendly experience right in our backyard!
Hiring for both Front-of-House and Back-of-House positions, The Comus Inn is unlike your average food and beverage experience. With multiple outlets, guests can choose their experience; whether that is: (i) enjoying a celebrity-chef-driven homestyle dinner inside the Inn; (ii) grabbing a cold local brew downstairs in our communal Beer Hall; (iii) sitting in our front yard eating soft-serve ice cream and homemade pastries right from our very own bake shop; (iv) heading out back to play shuffleboard and lawn games on our expansive lawn; (v) enjoying some award-winning wings while listening to live music in our Beer Garden; or (vi) simply letting the kids run wild on the play field. Offering unequaled views of Sugarloaf Mountain, a casual throwback atmosphere, and 5-acres of sprawling landscapes to enjoy – The Comus Inn absolutely has something for everyone.
If you share our vision for community and want to be a part of our opening team, check out the available positions and apply today.
We are on the hunt for an experienced Line Cook to join our talented team and help prepare meals according to our standard recipes. In this position, your principal goal will be to prepare high-quality meals that meet the chef’s exact specifications. You will be responsible for setting up the prep station, stocking inventory, and maintaining sanitation standards. To be successful in this role, the ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and multi-tasking skills. Ultimately, you will play an essential role in contributing to our customer satisfaction and restaurant growth. This is a great opportunity to be trained by world-class Chef Sammy DeMarco (“Chef Sammy D”)!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure the preparation station and the kitchen is set up and stocked
· Prepare simple components of each dish on the menu by chopping vegetables, cutting meat, and preparing sauces
· Report to the executive chef and follow instructions
· Make sure food preparation and storage areas meet health and safety standards
· Clean prep areas and take care of leftovers
· Stock inventory and supplies
· Cook menu items with the support of the kitchen staff
· High school diploma or equivalent qualification
· A minimum of 4 years’ experience in a similar role
· In-depth knowledge of restaurant best practices and cooking methods
· Excellent communication and organizational skills
· Ability to stand or walk for 8-hour shifts and lift at least 20 pounds
· Aptitude for multi-tasking
· Must be able to work cooperatively and efficiently in a team
· Availability to work around peak hours, including early mornings, weekends, and holidays