In alignment with our Microsoft values, we are committed to cultivating an inclusive work environment for all employees to positively impact our culture every day and we need you as a Site Operations Manager (SOM)
for our Circular Center
in Boydton, VA.
Microsoft's Cloud Operations & Innovation (CO+I) is the engine that powers our cloud services. As a CO+I SOM, you will perform a key role in delivering the core infrastructure and foundational technologies for Microsoft's online services including Bing, Office 365, Xbox, OneDrive, and the Microsoft Azure platform. As a group, CO+I is focused on the personal and professional development for all employees and offers trainings and growth opportunities including Career Rotation Programs, Diversity & Inclusion trainings and events, and professional certifications.
Our infrastructure is comprised of a large global portfolio of more than 100 datacenters and 1 million servers. Our foundation is built upon and managed by a team of subject matter experts working to support services for more than 1 billion customers and 20 million businesses in over 90 countries worldwide.
With environmental sustainability and optimization at the forefront of our datacenter design and operations, we continue to grow and evolve as we meet the ever-changing business demands that hold Microsoft as a world-class cloud provider.
Do you want to empower billions across the world? Come and join us in CO+I and be at the forefront of the action!
#COICareers #Buildthecloud #ChangetheWorld #WeSeeYou #RepresentationMatters
The Circular Center Site Operations Manager (SOM) will act as the Microsoft single point of contact for all Circular Center operations issues and escalations. The SOM will work closely with Microsoft appointed operational partners and vendors to deliver best in class services to our online cloud services customers. As such, the SOM will act as the on-site Microsoft representative and will provide guidance and direction on all Microsoft Circular Center policies, procedures, and operational requirements. Occasional regional and international travel will be required. Core responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Learning and living the One Microsoft culture and values. Lead through change by bringing clarity, generating energy, and delivering success
- Empowering a culture of safety, security, and compliance in all aspect of Circular Center activities
- Leading a team of technicians (FTEs and Vendors) responsible for DBD management, material movement, shipping & receiving, material processing (i.e. harvesting, dismantling, testing, assembling), inventory management, stocking, and cycle count
- Hiring, training, onboarding and performance management of the site staff and team
- Supervision and quality control for all service lines to meet operational targets/SLAs to maximize the output of the Circular Center
- Collect Operational data for trend analysis, reporting and driving continuous improvement
- Single point of contact for critical incidents that impact Microsoft services and the proactive and timely resolution of such incidents
- Assist with the review and approval of OPEX and CAPEX budgets, spend, vendor resourcing models, and reconciliation of same
- Identify opportunities to create strong visibility, proof points and storytelling of Microsoft's vision for sustainability to drive innovation and engagement
- At least four (4) years' experience managing operations in a production line, data center, logistical operations or warehouse
- At least two (2) years' experience leading and motivating a diverse, technical workforce with budgetery experience.
- Willingness to work flexible hours, non-business hours, or other scenarios required by rhythm of the business
Background Check Requirements: (US Government Sites)
- Enterprise-level experience in managing large-scale and complex projects/programs
- Working knowledge of audit and compliance requirements in a large global enterprise
- Financial management experience and good business acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills, analytical capabilities, data analysis, and attention to detail. Knowledge of Power BI is desirable.
- Strong verbal and written communication and organization skills
- Six Sigma, Lean &/or supply chain certifications
- College or university degree in Production/Industrial Engineering, or equivalent experience
- ITIL v3 Foundation and/or Microsoft Operations Framework (MOF) Certifications
Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. These requirements include, but are not limited to the following specialized security screenings:
- Microsoft Cloud Background Check: This position will be required to pass the Microsoft Cloud background check upon hire/transfer and every two years thereafter.
- Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
- Criminal Justice Information Services: This position may require passing a background check conducted through the CJIS criminal justice information system by authorized local, state, and/or federal agencies.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.