Job Description Come be a part of a company that is driven to improve our customers, our future, and to protect our freedom. We are developing the technology of tomorrow, delivered today. Drawing strength from our differences, we're innovating for the future. And you can, too. Our Mission Intelligence organization provides IT solutions, analytics support, and digital integration to major customers within the US Intelligence Community. We are always looking to provide our customers with a better solution by way of technology insertion, out of the box thinking, and state of the art solutions. We are looking for an experienced Cloud Engineer to join our team! This role requires an experienced Solutions Architect/Systems Engineer to provide technical expertise with Cloud Migrations/Cloud-Native Service architectures. This role designs, develops, and implements a Cloud-Native Service architecture that software development teams can leverage to move services to use native cloud capabilities. This role works directly with implementation teams to provide technical guidance and implementation priorities related to cloud implementation. This role provides technical leadership and delivers an innovative product, service, or a combination of products and services that address a customer's specific business problem. Duties include developing innovative approaches and solutions, using non-quantitative tools and guidelines from past experience. This role provides execution guidance and practical engineering support to mission teams working with the strategic guidance from the Cloud Engineering Lead. Required Education, Experience, & Skills * Extensive experience in Cloud Technologies and infrastructure -as-code concepts.
* Understanding of aspects of architect and design enterprise cloud solutions and AWS.
* Excellent oral and written communications skills.
* Expert extensive experience interacting with cross functional project teams including Software Development, System Engineering/ Verification and Validation, Security, Compliance and Quality Assurance.
* Expert experience working in Agile, SAFe, and Scrum environments.
* xpert experience working with DevOps CI/CD related technologies (Azure DevOPs, Git, Jenkins, Puppet, Docker, Confluence, Sonar Lint, and Junit.
* Knowledge of Software Configuration Management life cycle deliverables.
* Minimum of one AWS Certification from the AWS Associate level (AWS Certified Architect Associate, AWS Certified Developer Associate, or AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate) Preferred Education, Experience, & Skills * Candidate must have Master with 15+ years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13+ years of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
* One AWS Certification from the AWS Professional level or Specialty Domain
* Two or more AWS Certifications from the AWS Associate Level or AWS Professional Level:
* AWS Certified Architect Associate
* AWS Certified Developer Associate
* AWS Certified SysOps Administrator Associate
* AWS Certified Solutions Architect Professional
* AWS Certified DevOps Engineer Professional About BAE Systems Intelligence & Security BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference. Intelligence & Security (I&S), based in McLean, Virginia, designs and delivers advanced defense, intelligence, and security solutions that support the important missions of our customers. Our pride and dedication shows in everything we do-from intelligence analysis, cyber operations and IT expertise to systems development, systems integration, and operations and maintenance services. Knowing that our work enables the U.S. military and government to recognize, manage and defeat threats inspires us to push ourselves and our technologies to new levels. At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.