L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $18 billion in annual revenue and 48,000 employees, with customers in more than 100 countries.
Description: Job Title: Image Science Specialist (TS Clearance)Job Code: SAS2020201311-53115Job Location:Herndon, VA
L3Harrishas an immediate opening for an experienced professional with proficient knowledge of image science and analysis to support an exciting opportunity to support a research and development project for a U.S. government customer. The scientistwill collaborate as part of a dedicated team within a dynamic customer environment. This position will be based in the Northern Virginia area.Responsibilities:
- Applies known image science principles and techniques to support product evaluations and studies that quantify the expected performance of a system given varying collection parameters.
- Understands the sensor, atmospheric, and target properties that impact the image path and collected imagery.
- Recommends enhancements to systems and processes; works to achieve operational targets for specific programs and projects
- Communicates with contacts inside and outside of their group to explain and interpret processes, practices, and procedures.
- Works under general supervision of a co-located Senior Scientist; but may be responsible for entire projects or processes within the job area
- Bachelor's degree in Image Science, Remote Sensing or a related field and 4 years of prior relevant experience;or Masters degree inImage Science, Remote Sensing or a related field and2 years of prior relevant experience
- Experience evaluating imaging or GEOINT systems and products and conducting standard image quality studies
- Active Top Secret security clearance
- Coursework and /or professional experience with various imaging systems (i.e. HSI, EO, Radar, IR, LIDAR, SIGINT principles, etc), phenomenology, and processing techniques.
- Experience developing algorithm requirements and documentation needed for software development
- Experienceimplementing engineering code for processing workflows using IDL, MATLAB, or Pythonscripting languages.
- 1-3 years of exploitation experience using the ENVI/IDL and/or VIPER software suite.
- ActiveTS/SCI security clearance.
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.