What you'll be doing...
Verizon's Professional Services develop and deliver custom technology solutions to the global market by creating a digital strategy to modernize their network. We offer an array of services across a wide spectrum of technologies at various stages of the development cycle and give technical expertise, oversight, and guidance for businesses to meet their technology needs of today and tomorrow.
This entry level role, which is part of the overall Verizon Campus Program, will give you a chance to channel your drive and enthusiasm and learn the practical application of your degree concepts. You will be front and center, hands-on and contributing your creative energy to high-impact projects from the moment you arrive. You will put your degree to use and gain experience in the field through on the job training.In this role, you may have the opportunity to:
- Support the development of the Government, Risk and Compliance (GRC) operating model and a service-oriented customer engagement model.
- Support the operationalization of various GRC capability areas such as enterprise security, risk management, compliance management, policy management, third party risk management, and metrics and reporting, as client looks to mature these areas.
- Assist with presales activities such as participating in scoping calls, developing levels of effort to meet customer requirements, preparing statements of work, and customer facing presentations.
You must be currently enrolled in a degree program and be in good academic standing to be considered.
If you are interested in any other roles or locations in addition to this one, please submit your application to those postings directly as well in order to be considered.What we're looking for...
You're a motivated self-starter. Never satisfied with the status quo, you're always trying to beat a personal best. You thrive in a fast-paced environment where new challenges come up every day. You are flexible, dependable and work well in varying environments. Learning quickly is personally rewarding and inspires you to take smart risks.You'll need to have:
Even better if you have:
- Current enrollment in an MBA program concentrating in Information Systems, Cybersecurity or a related major with an expected completion date by June 2021.
- Four or more years of work experience within Security, Cybersecurity, or a related field.
- Authorization to work in the U.S. without restrictions or need for future sponsorship.
- Willingness to work in Ashburn, VA.
When you join Verizon...
- Demonstrated strong analytic, communication, leadership and presentation skills.
- Independent thinking, relationship management and attention to detail.
- Willingness to travel.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite of Products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Previous experience in the security and privacy controls environment, regulatory landscape and risk management techniques, principles and practices.
- Previous experience and knowledge of the development and implementation of information security policies, standards and related procedures for security programs.
- Ability to assess clients against a wide variety of security and compliance frameworks including State based privacy and security regulations, SOX, GDPR, NIST-CSF, ISO/27001/2.
- Ability to provide risk-based recommendations based upon the size and complexity of the client's organization.
- Demonstrated investigative and analysis skills with the demonstrated ability to handle confidential information.
- Certifications such as CISSP, CISM or CISA.
You'll have the power to go beyond - doing the work that's transforming how people, businesses and things connect with each other. Not only do we provide the fastest and most reliable network for our customers, but we were first to 5G - a quantum leap in connectivity. Our connected solutions are making communities stronger and enabling energy efficiency. Here, you'll have the ability to make an impact and create positive change. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, join our team of the best and brightest. We offer great pay, amazing benefits and opportunity to learn and grow in every role. Together we'll go far.Diversity and Inclusion at Verizon
At Verizon, we know that diversity makes us stronger. We are committed to a collaborative, inclusive environment that encourages authenticity and fosters a sense of belonging. We strive for everyone to feel valued, connected, and empowered to reach their potential and contribute their best. Check out our diversity and inclusion
page to learn more.Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer - and celebrate our employees' differences, including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.