Dermatopathologist, DermPath Diagnostics
Dermpath Diagnostics a fully owned subsidiary of Quest Diagnostics is exclusively focused on providing exceptional Dermatopathology services and is backed by an unrivaled team of over 70 board-certified Dermatopathologists, advanced diagnostic technologies and unparalleled clinician/patient support.
Our mission is to provide accurate, clear and prompt diagnoses. We also strive to develop confident relationships with our referring clinicians, and we are fully committed to assisting in providing the best health care for every patient.
• FORTUNE magazine's "World's Most Admired Companies" list for 6 consecutive years; one of only five companies to attain Most Admired statusin the "Health Care, Pharmacy and Other Services" industry category.
• Fortune magazine's Fortune 500 list
• Forbes Global 2000
• Forbes' America's Best Employers List for third consecutive year
• Forbes 2019 America's Best Employers for Women
• S&P 500
• Barron's 500
• Member of the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index
• Listed in the most recent Newsweek Green Rankings
• Consistently named one of the best places to work in U.S. business journal rankings
• Named a DiversityInc Noteworthy Company for third consecutive year
• Listed on the Disability Equality Index (DEI), a joint initiative of the American Association of People with Disabilities (AAPD) and the US Business Leadership Network (USBLN), recognizing companies for prioritizing the inclusion of people with disabilities
• Named Top 23 'Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality' in New Jersey
Diagnostic Testing Services
Quest Diagnostics is the world's leading provider of diagnostic testing, information and services that patients and doctors need to make better healthcare decisions. Their services range from routine blood tests - such as total cholesterol, Pap testing and white blood cell count - to complex, gene-based and molecular testing. They perform medical tests that aid in the diagnosis or detection of diseases, measure the progress or recovery from a disease or confirm that an individual is free from disease. In addition, they have specialized expertise in cancer, cardiovascular diseases, infectious diseases, and neurology.
In the $60 Billion and growing US Diagnostic Testing Market, Quest Diagnostics is the leader. Quest Diagnostics' reputation as a leading innovator, provider of high value, low cost solutions and its financial strength and flexibility make it well positioned to capitalize on the evolving healthcare landscape.
Quest Diagnostics' long-term strategy is to become the undisputed world leader in diagnostic testing, information and services. To drive this profitable growth, Quest Diagnostics plans to leverage capabilities to create differentiation:
• Deliver Innovative Solutions
• Leverage their Unparalleled Access and Distribution Network
• Expand their relationships with large payors and health systems
• Deliver Superior Patient Experiences
We are currently seeking an experienced board-certified Dermatopathologist to join our DermPath Diagnostics practice in Pittsburgh, PA. This key position will offer the practice of full-time Dermatopathology and will work with experienced Dermatopathologists in a supportive, congenial atmosphere. Dermatopathologists who join our practices will be expected to contribute to our reputation of service, specialization and expertise. Moreover, they will discover a strong physician focus and an understanding of the practice of Dermatopathology.
As a Dermatopathologist your key responsibilities are as such:
• Provide accurate and timely diagnosis of the presence and stage of disease from a tissue specimen, utilizing appropriate laboratory procedures.Confers with other physicians as needed.
• Assigns the appropriate Current Procedural Terminology (CPT) and the appropriate ICD-10 codes for the service(s) provided and the diagnosis rendered, following authoritative coding guidelines and company coding policies.
• Takes the initiative to improve quality in the work place.Supervises and coordinates activities of QA/QI to ensure quality care and evaluates the effectiveness of quality assurance policies and procedures to enhance standards and excellence of service.
• Actively builds upon education and experience through Continuing Medical Education.
• Manages medical, associate, and financial resources wisely. Provides others with the support necessary to successfully accomplish daily activities while monitoring and controlling costs.
• Provides advice to referring physicians regarding the clinical significance of laboratory findings
• Participates in the development and monitoring of standards of performance in Quality Control and Quality Assurance and Improvement for the laboratory.
• Maintains confidentiality of sensitive information concerning patients, physicians, employees, clients, vendors, and the Company.
• Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as well as department rules, polices, and procedural manuals.
• Adherence to Safety Regulations.
• Adherence to HIPAA Regulations.
• Dermatopathologist with some 2-3 plus years' experience post fellowship.
• Must be board certified AP/CP or Dermatology and Dermatopathology
• Strong customer focus and understanding of laboratory operations
• Ability to communicate with high level decision makers in the organization
EDUCATION, LICENSES, CERTIFICATIONS
• Required: Medical Degree
• Required: Certified in Anatomic and Clinical Pathology or Dermatology (Dermatology Preferred)
• Required: Subspecialty Dermatopathology fellowship at an accredited facility
• Required: Must hold valid unrestricted license to practice medicine in practice location or be eligible to obtain licensure
• Desired: Current valid unrestricted medical license to practice in the state of Pittsburgh
Dermpath Diagnostics offers a comprehensive and competitive benefits package, which includes paid time off, Medical, Dental, Prescription, Vision, Life and AD&D, STD, LTD, Supplemental Benefits and 401(k) with company contribution.
Please Log In or Register to Upload a Resume and complete the online Application by visiting careers.questdiagnostics.com, clicking "Job Search" and following the prompts. Because of the large number of applicants to job openings, Quest Diagnostics will only contact qualified candidates for interviews.
Quest Diagnostics is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
Sr. Talent Acquisition Partner, Physician and Executive
Quest Diagnostics, Inc.