CHI Memorial Family Practice Associates Ringgold is a primary care practice with eight board-certified physicians. Kaushal S. Chaudhari, MD, William O. Cornwell, MD, Michael E. Dant, MD, David A. Denman, MD, Christopher M. Greene, MD, Stanley M. Ireland, MD, Katherine McClellan, MD, Melissa J. Phillips, MD, Patricia Gibson, NP, Stephanie Johnson, FNP and Gene Marie Record, AGPCNP-BC, WHNP-BC treat patients age 6 and older. The practice welcomes new patients. Located in Ringgold, Georgia, the office is especially convenient for those who live and work in Fort Oglethorpe, Rossville, Ringgold, Flintstone and Chickamauga areas.
Under the direction of the health care provider, Medical Assistant is responsible for the delivery of patient care that promotes the safety and wellbeing of all patients. Accurately performs preliminary physical tests such as: measures blood pressure, records weight, temperature, pulse and respirations and other measures as directed by established clinical protocols. Key Responsibilities:
- Perform general patient care by following established standards and procedures.
- Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider.
- Obtain and record vital signs including but not limited to, blood pressure, temperature, pulse, respiration, height, weight, drug allergies, and current medications and presenting problem.
- May be required to draw and collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for laboratory analysis.
- Administer ordered medications and/or vaccines via oral, injection, topically, rectal, ophthalmic, and/or inhalant administration.
- May perform routine tests including but not limited to EKG's.
- Schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follows up to ensure completion of testing.
- Communicate with patient regarding test results and plan of care by phone or mail as directed by physician.
- Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment; keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol.
- Document patient plan(s) of care, tests and examination results in the medical record as directed by the provider.
- Escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the practice manager or healthcare provider(s).
- Ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
- Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights.
- Perform other duties as assigned by practice manager, MA Lead or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
- High school diploma or equivalent required
- Completion of a Certified Medical Assistant course required
- Current/valid Certified Medical Assistant (CMA) certification required or Registered Medical Assistant (RMA) required if applicable.
- Successfully completed Medication Aide 40-hour course or current/valid Medication Aide certification by state agency required if applicable.
- May require specialized training such as Non-Certified Radiologic Technician (NCT).
- Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Care Life Support (ACLS) required.
- 2 years Medical Assistant experience preferred
- Electronic health record experience preferred
Posting ID: 600483099Posted: 2021-01-18