The name North & Main stemmed from two key principles -- provide a North Star to our clients, and do so with a Main Street approach to our work together.
We strive to always strike a balance for the clients we serve: innovation with practical implementation, insights with strategy and outcomes, and creativity with rigor.
North & Main is a growing collaboration among our team and with our clients. Our roots are in program management, change management, organizational effectiveness, strategy management, research, data analytics, user-centered design, marketing and content. We have an active client roster of major non-profits, corporations, and associations.
We are looking for a management consultant to join our team.
The consultant will provide a mix of project management, strategy consulting, stakeholder engagement, and coaching expertise to ensure successful adoption of an enterprise-wide initiative for a large Financial Services client. This is a unique opportunity to support a high visibility initiative that is directly connected to leaderships vision. This initiative requires close collaboration with multiple teams, divisions, and stakeholders striving to mature processes and enhance operations across the organization.
Project Management + Strategic Consulting
- Develop and maintain comprehensive project plans and tools for project planning
- Develop presentations for various audiences including Executive Sponsors, stakeholders, and other team members
- Advise the Program Management Office (PMO) team on the best way to utilize tools and best practices that drive progress and results
- Employ a critical lens on project management activities, help connect the dots between workstreams, and illuminate potential challenges
- Prepare for, facilitate, and follow up on routine project meetings
- Support the development and tracking of metrics to measure the success of projects.
- Support workstream lead(s) in implementing / encouraging client to implement best practice principles of governance and project management throughout the program
- Work with PMO team members to plan for and implement stakeholder management practices
- Partner and collaborate with workstream leads and other stakeholders to address issues and overcome challenges
- Support the development of change management and communications plans to improve adoption of project outcomes
- Seek opportunities to go above and beyond the call of duty
- Employ strong attention to detail and quality across all work products and deliverables
- Coach client and PMO team members to make connections across workstreams, navigate and learn from challenges, and establish processes to operate effectively
- Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in Business, Management, Policy, or other relevant areas
- Proficient with developing executive-style PowerPoint presentations
- Minimum of 7-10 years of relevant experience managing large-scale projects or leading PMOs
- Prior experience with producing, assessing, qualifying, and implementing project management plans that include large populations of employees across functions and geographies.
- Demonstrated experience anticipating and mitigating stakeholder resistance to changes
What We Can Offer You
- Commitment to your work-life balance: we have friends, families, and lives outside of work and respect that you do too
- Important work: we work with high profile clients who trust our advice and support
- Steady projects: our projects are funded for the foreseeable future, and clients ask for more help and recommend our work to others
- Undivided attention and direct support when you need it, minimal project oversight when you dont
- We dont send you to a client site and forget. We constantly collaborate across offices by video, Slack, Trello, conference calls, and in-person discussions
- Partnering with people that thrive on expanding each others ideas
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- A yearly training opportunity/conference of your choice
- Cell phone stipend
- 401(k) with employer match
- Paid vacation/sick leave, and federal holidays
If this sounds like you, please apply now, and include a resume and cover letter. In your cover note, tell us in under 250 words what interests you about the role; or why you might be a fit; or a professional accomplishment that you find relevant to the work.
Principles only; no staffing agencies please.
North & Main LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibit discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.