Pre-Sales Cybersecurity Solutions Engineer
Located in our brand-new office space in Tysons Corner, VA, our Cybersecurity Solutions Engineers (CSE) provide pre and post-sales technical leadership on business opportunities identified by our Account Executives. Our Cybersecurity Solutions Engineers work in close collaboration with Account Executives, other business leaders and Merlin’s OEM partners to develop and implement solutions aligned with customers' technical requirements. The ideal candidate will have a good mix of pre-sales experience, hands-on technical experience deploying enterprise cybersecurity solutions, and deep understanding of the cybersecurity ecosystem. The candidate is expected to serve in a technical lead role on new opportunities, Proof of Concepts, and existing project implementations.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Lead technical pre-sales engineering activities: The CSE is responsible for driving our business opportunities forward through the technical validation phase. The CSE must demonstrate critical thinking and objectively evaluate solutions.
- Lead and Manage Proof of Concepts (POCs): The CSE must have the ability to lead and manage POCs from project initiation to closure. The CSE should demonstrate the ability to quickly grasp new technologies, do hands-on deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Experience with cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure or GCP: The CSE must demonstrate an understanding of cloud constructs and services specific to the cloud service provider, and the ability to design enterprise solutions utilizing these cloud services.
- Demonstrate basic project and program management skills: The CSE will contribute to project delivery in various capacities. The Ability to lead, attention to detail and proficiency with project documentation are essential traits.
- Create solution artifacts as part of solution development: The CSE must demonstrate the ability to develop solutions that meet our customers' business and technical requirements. The CSE will document requirements using tools such as Excel, Visio, Lucidchart, Confluence, etc. Technical creativity, attention to detail and strong knowledge of solution frameworks and tools are essential.
- Present solutions to customers/partners: The CSE must have good presentation and whiteboarding skill. The CSE must have working knowledge of enterprise architectures and the ability to translate business requirements into effective solution designs.
- Maintain and enhance the Merlin Labs environment: The CSE is responsible for maintaining a virtual infrastructure used for demos, testing, integrations and proof of concepts. Some of the technologies used in the Merlin Lab include: VMware, Microsoft Windows, RedHat, Forescout, Palo Alto Networks,, Okta, Netskope and Splunk.
- Drive Product Adoption: The CSE will provide outstanding onboarding experience to new customer post-sales. The CSE will establish exceptional relationships with our customers and serve as a trusted consultant that can help optimize their cybersecurity strategy.
Qualifications and Skills
- 7+ years of experience in a technical pre-sales engineering role: The CSE serves as the subject matter expert for Merlin’s cybersecurity solutions. The CSE must demonstrate the ability in a pre-sales capacity to identify our customers’ business issues and effectively align, communicate and sell our cybersecurity solutions.
- A strong understanding of enterprise cybersecurity: CSE must possess the knowledge of the various cybersecurity domains, the dependencies and implications of technical design decisions with respect to enterprise deployment of cybersecurity tools. These tools/domains include (but not limited to): Infrastructure (Microsoft Active Directory, RedHat Linux, VMware ESXi/vCenter, Hyper-V, Windows Server), Cloud Services (AWS, Microsoft Azure). Databases (SQL, PostgreSQL), Identity & Access Management (CA, CyberArk, Okta, Sailpoint), Network Security (Palo Alto Networks, FireEye, Forescout), Cloud Security (Netskope, Darktrace), etc
- Practical experience with enterprise cybersecurity: The CSE demonstrates hands-on experience working in an enterprise with widely-deployed cybersecurity tools as well as open source technologies. The CSE must demonstrate technical proficiency and the ability to quickly learn and adapt to new technologies.
- Experience with technologies aligned with Merlin's cybersecurity portfolio: As a pre-sales engineer, the CSE is responsible for delivering technical presentations, demos and POCs for our growing portfolio of cybersecurity solutions. These products address the identity & access management, cloud, data, endpoint and network security needs of our clients.
- The CSE will work closely with Merlin’s strategic vendors and continuously update knowledge and skills through certifications and training.
- Possess technical certifications as it relates to CSEs areas of domain expertise. The CSE should demonstrate the desire for continuous learning and the ability to attain technical certifications. These certifications may include: CEH, CISSP/CCSP, Security+, CISA, ISACA, etc. AWS certifications are a plus
- Possess understanding of Compliance Frameworks and Industry Best Practices. The CSE must demonstrate an understanding of industry and compliance frameworks such as FedRAMP, NIST CSF, CIS, ISO, SANS, etc.
Benefits and Perks: Merlin employees work hard and play hard. Our new office features multiple places to work unconstrained by typical office cubes. Our wellness package provides access to an on-site gym and includes medical, dental and vision insurances along with options for FSA and EAP. We offer 401K with employer match, PTO, and a work culture respectful of the fact that not everything in one's personal life is guaranteed to happen "after hours." Managers have a wide degree of flexibility to create schedules that enable great work-life balance for their teams.
Merlin International, Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 598572584Posted: 2021-01-16