Job DescriptionRaytheon Cybersecurity, Training and Services is seeking a Principle Systems Engineer specializing in RF communications and system integration. This position is based in the Sterling, Virginia area with routine local travel throughout the Washington Metropolitan Area and occasional short duration overseas travel. This position is a member of a small engineering team within an integration and test laboratory, which works closely with multi-disciplined team members and customers to provide support to operations, maintenance, and deployment of RF Communication systems. This position requires the ability to travel internationally for short term field support activities. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, performing integration and test of communications equipment; performing technical analysis and providing recommendation on technologies and industry trending; responding directly to customer directed requirements; providing procurement and logistical support; generating technical documentation including system architectures, test plans and procedures, and test reports; and providing technical training to mission partners on the theory and operation of RF communication systems and technologies. REQUIRED SKILLS:
- Active TS/SCI with polygraph.
- Minimum of 8-10 years of engineering experience with a focus in RF communication systems.
- Strong working knowledge of the radio frequency spectrum and modern communication infrastructures to include signal structures, propagation, modulation types, data rates, multiplexing/demultiplexing methods, as well as associated equipment to include transmitters, receivers and processing suites.
- Must possess demonstrable experience in one or more of the following: RF theory, wireless/SIGINT technologies.
- Experience in analyzing and operating RF communication systems and technologies.
- Experience providing technical training for both domestic and international audiences.
- Experience in planning and executing OCONUS technical operations, and coordinating operational activities with stakeholders.
- Ability and willingness to travel overseas in support of the program for durations of less than two weeks, once or twice per year, typically.
- Ability and willingness for occasional travel to various locations in the Washington Metropolitan Area in support of the program (DC/MD/Northern VA).
- Proven ability to operate under broad intent independent of direct oversight; reliable, trustworthy, committed to success.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills; able to articulate intent, frame requirements, set priorities, develop practical methods and align resources to meet goals.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to establish professional rapport with others in a small team environment, adapt to change, and thrive in an atmosphere that requires trust, teamwork, initiative, creativity, and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to sustain demanding operational tasks in challenging environments over extended periods of time.
- Experience in the configuration, operations, and test of network systems.
- Experience in assessing, training, and/or mentoring personnel in the operation of RF communication systems.
- Experience traveling and/or living overseas in more than one region of the world in support of operational missions.
- Experience working with personnel of various cultures, where English is a second language.
- Understanding of the customer's message preparation process.
- Bachelor's Degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics (STEM) from an Accredited University/School/College.
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Posting ID: 609804402Posted: 2021-03-02