Evidence Synthesis Consultant
Department: Real World Evidence Solutions
The Evidence Synthesis practice is part of the IQVIA Real World Evidence Solutions (RWES). RWES brings together IQVIA initiatives that connect healthcare stakeholders through real-world evidence to demonstrate the value of medicines, enhance quality and drive improved outcomes.
Overview of the role
Consultants have a key role within the Evidence Synthesis practice. They are expected to take on different levels of responsibility and types of work depending on their skills, the size and complexity of projects and the other resources available in the team so a flexible, enthusiastic and professional approach is essential. There are also opportunities to develop specialist expertise eg in systematic literature review (SLR), network meta-analysis (NMA), or MAIC, and to coach others at the same time as learning from those with different areas of knowledge.
A good knowledge of SLR and NMA methods and approaches plus a working knowledge of consulting methodologies and general business practices is required. Also understanding of the health care sector and the pharmaceutical market, gained through the delivery of consulting engagements.
- Carry out work relating to the Evidence Synthesis business areas (systematic literature reviews and network meta-analysis) to a high standard which meets or exceeds client expectations.
- Support more senior staff on implementing projects, including overall project management and leading the development of high-quality deliverables (e.g., draft protocols, analytic plans, reports, manuscripts, etc.).
- Work without supervision independently and/or as part of a project team on defined tasks.
- Review and analyses client requirements or problems to help develop proposals for projects.
- Produce drafts of proposals based on client RFPs and supporting information.
- Participate in internal initiatives eg internal disseminations and make oral presentations to IQVIA colleagues if required.
- Attend client and other external meetings in the US and elsewhere (e.g., Europe), normally accompanied by a colleague.
- Manage specific project work streams independently.
Network Meta-Analysis and other types of indirect comparisons
- Carry out network meta-analysis and be responsible for other aspects related to carrying out the analysis (e.g., clean data sets, imputation, etc)
- Edit, review, and develop scripts/syntax to ensure correct type of analyses and output are generated efficiently. Working knowledge of R highly desired.
- Develop statistical analysis plans that address the unique goals of each project
- Write reports that clearly communicate background/rationale, methods, results, and interpretation.
- Edit, review, and quality control reports generated by others on the team.
Systematic Literature Reviews
- Manage the implementation of SLR and NMA projects from start to finish following best practices to ensure high quality timely deliverables.
- Synthesize large amounts of quantitative and qualitative data, interpret results, and identify how results impact strategy.
- Produce support materials for completed SLRs, e.g. reports and slides
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCE, TECHNICAL AND PERSONAL SKILLLS
- Master's degree in comparative effectiveness, epidemiology, statistics, public health or a related discipline
Essential general technical skills and knowledge
- Good quantitative skills - able to work in R or other statistical software package and able to provide evidence of this applied in work or academic setting
- Competency in using Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and an interest in learning relevant decision-support and statistical packages
- Good qualitative skills - understand or have high interest in qualitative research methods in health care
- High level of literacy - able to appraise evidence critically and write reports and manuscripts in clear, concise language as required by the type of work.
- Ability to quality check own work so that drafts are delivered with only minimal minor typographical errors
- Good understanding of systematic literature review and network meta-analysis theory and the ability to apply this in practice
Essential personal skills and behaviors
- Good team-based interpersonal skills but also an ability to work independently
- A pragmatic and logical problem-solving approach to projects
- Strong attention to detail on all project deliverables even under time pressure.
- A good understanding of project management with proven time management and personal organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- An ability to build strong business relationships
At IQVIA, we believe in pushing the boundaries of human science and data science to make the biggest impact possible - to help our customers create a healthier world. The advanced analytics, technology solutions and contract research services we provide to the life sciences industry are made possible by our 67,000+ employees around the world who apply their insight, curiosity and intellectual courage every step of the way. Learn more at jobs.iqvia.com.
IQVIA is an EEO Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled
IQVIA, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities. Applicants who require reasonable accommodation to submit an application for employment or otherwise participate in the application process should contact IQVIA's Talent Acquisition team at email@example.com to arrange for such an accommodation.