If you are looking for extensive work in a data-driven environment with an interest in deciphering sales possibilities, consider joining the Connexus Energy team as an Energy Services Sales Representative. This position focuses on rebates and offers to our members; how they can be updated based on what is best for our members and the overall value to Connexus Energy. In addition, you will professionally interact and foster relationships with Builders, Trade Allies and be the main point of contact for residential solar members throughout the Connexus Energy service territory. A strong technical understanding of all programs and services offered is critical for promoting energy conservation, wholesale demand reduction (WDR), and electric utility sales/marketing programs to Connexus Energy members and our builder/trade ally partners. This position reports to the Sales Manager and is part of the Energy Services team.
Based in Ramsey, Connexus Energy is Minnesota's largest electric distribution cooperative, providing electricity, renewable energy alternatives and related services to 130,000+ residential and commercial members just north of the Twin Cities. We offer a collaborative work environment with challenging and rewarding work, which provides for professional development and work-life balance in a highly technical, stable and innovative industry. We give back to the communities we serve by embracing opportunities to volunteer, donate and support economic development. Our talented and friendly staff focuses on achieving our mission of providing the highest quality service at the lowest possible price.Key Responsibilities & Results:
Identifying and meeting with builders and trade allies with program structure and helpful information of our rebates and programs to better serve their business service.
- An ongoing positive relationship with each builder and trade ally to successfully and clearly communicate Connexus Energy programs and rebates that support the products/services they offer.
- Each of these partners is essential to the overall relationship with our membership and making sure that all wholesale demand reduction, electrification and project goals are met.
- To be successful in this role, the Sales Representative will be measured on the number of builder/trade ally designed programs and participants that are enrolled as well as the builder incentives (rebates) that are used to fund the opportunities.
Assessing and administering rebate programs while managing Conservation Improvement Program (CIP) and results reporting while providing deep analysis of current programs with a focus on innovation for the future benefit of our members.
- Each rebate and the program associated must be maintained for accuracy and participation.
- The CIP program is dedicated to funding all rebates and must be managed accurately and tracked accordingly based on funds available and funds used.
- Understand and utilize the required Low Income spend with projects, ideas and follow through tactics for energy savings opportunities.
Reviewing and approving residential solar applications and installations via solar witness tests.
Required Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:Required Education and Expertise:
- The demand for solar is a growing area within the Connexus Energy residential spectrum.
- As applications are received, this position will be responsible for managing the process and verifying that all required items are complete before the solar system can be active on the Connexus Energy grid.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge acquired through a bachelor's degree, associate degree, or technical certification in a technical field such as energy conservation, data management, data analytics or related field.
- Two years of experience working in sales, energy conservation, data management, demand response programs, or customer service is required.
- Working knowledge of a Customer Retention Management System or a similar system.
- Working knowledge of energy conservation and marketing methods, techniques and practices related to data and data analytics to make data useful.
- Ability to bring members, suppliers, and contractors together to accomplish energy saving goals.
- Ability to develop and deliver various types of presentations to individuals and large groups Ability to establish and maintain harmonious and effective working relationships.
- Ability to deal tactfully, persuasively and effectively with members.
- Ability to perform complex energy analysis computations and prepare and maintain rebate records and reports using the tools given.
- Skill in the use of computers and the associated programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint for successful job performance.
Preferred Talents, Skills, Expertise, Education:Preferred Education and Expertise:
- Must be willing to accept occasional overnight travel to participate in training sessions or other work related assignments.
- Will be expected to work extra hours when necessary or when work load requires.
- Nature of position requires extensive external contacts.
- May need to attend evening and/or weekend meetings, fairs and trade shows.
- Must be willing to work in the area of energized equipment while following all established safety procedures.
- The employee is required at minimum, to possess a valid MN Class C driver's license.
Additional Data: The application review process will begin on December 18 and continue until filled. Compensation:
- Bachelor's degree in technical field such as energy conservation, data management, data analytics or related field.
- 3 Years of experience in customer service or data management.
This position offers a competitive salary and an attractive benefits package including medical, dental, life, disability insurance, 401(k), and tuition reimbursement.An Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities, Women, Veterans, Disabilities
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. PM20