Leidos Veteran Health is seeking a Senior Program Manager to lead the VA's Benefits Improvement Platform program. Benefits Integration Platform (BIP) is a cloud-based IT platform that improves VA management and provides veteran benefits, healthcare, and memorials. By hosting and developing applications for Veterans Benefits Administration (VBA) and National Cemetery Administration (NCA) BIP aims reduce development costs and provide quicker to market solutions to better serve to Veterans. The BIP Program scope focuses on IT SecDevOps with light sustainment
(Providing PM/reporting assistance, intake process and tool support, maintenance planning, systems architecture, engineering, maintenance modifications, testing, release management, O&M, technical, incident management, security, tier 1 and 3 help desk, version release training, and disaster recovery services for applications/systems. Support decommissioning and transitioning of legacy applications/systems; data migration services from legacy systems/ applications).
The Project Manager will oversee and manage ~$400M program for the Veterans Administration BIP software development and program management efforts. Direct team personnel, provide oversight and direction to ensure effective management of project costs and schedules, profitability, contract compliance, and serve as the principal customer interface for program related activities This position allows the opportunity to work from home (local to Austin, TX) when not onsite for frequent customer meetings. Customer meetings will take place primarily in Austin, TX and Charleston, SC.Primary Responsibilities
- Plan, coordinate, and manage the actions taken by the team members to implement VA BIP customer requirements.
- Oversee Program solutions for projects output. Required to review program profit and loss on a regular basis, explain variations in actuals vs forecasted.
- Accountable for effective and efficient project resource forecasting, utilization and management.
- Work closely and effectively in a coordinative fashion with the VA BIP Program Manager and VA Project Managers, various subcontracting partners, external consulting organizations, customer resources, contractor and other 3rd party providers.
- Responsible for establishing and monitoring internal and external metrics to measure and tune performance of project related activities.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure and selecting and recruiting key team members.
- Responsibilities include oversight of direct reports.
- Collaborate with Customers Executives and key stakeholder to insure open communications on program progress and
- Collaborate with Architects, DevOps Engineers, Engineering Managers, Product Managers and Engineers across the organization to deliver a comprehensive solution.
- Ensure the continual functioning of mission critical operations.
- Strategize, plan and manage all processes related to continuous integration, continuous delivery, and process automation.
- Ensure delivery of a high qualify VA BIP software development product which supports existing customers and provides a differentiator for future opportunities.
- Roadmap delivery within budget and schedule
- Roadmap governance and collaboration across wide stakeholder set
- Quality of software development and delivery
- Product systems engineering and configuration management
- Growth of pipeline across the company to maximize value for Leidos
- Product advocate for Leidos Agile Software Development capabilities, liaising with Leidos Technical, Business Development and Program leadership across the Health, and Civil Groups to foster bidirectional flow to enhance offering
- Shaping of Leidos Agile Software Development use-cases within digital modernization solution sets and supporting a Waterfall to Agile migration
- Drive organic program growth
- Anticipated travel for this role is 25%.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 12-15 years of experience or;
- Master's degree or equivalent experience in Engineering, Computer Science or Information Technology with 10-13 years of experience
- US Citizenship is required per Government Contract
- Agile development methodologies
- Knowledge and experience with software architectures and complex systems to support product functional / non-functional requirements5 + years of experience in DevOps, IT, or Enterprise Operations.
- Direct experience as Program Manager that oversees and managed one or more mid-sized projects (>$100M) and/or task orders. Direct team personnel, provide oversight and direction to ensure effective management of project costs and schedules, contract compliance, and serve as the principal customer interface for program related activities. Be responsible for establishing and monitoring internal and external metrics to measure and tune performance of project related activities.
- Demonstrated experience working closely and effectively in a coordinative fashion with the Client, various subcontracting partners, external consulting organizations, customer resources, contractor and other 3rd party providers.
- Provide proactive leadership and direction of personnel performing complex tasks while planning, implementing, and maintaining a project organization structure.
- Be a good corporate ambassador when engaged with suppliers, vendors, subcontractors, other prime contractors, other company departments, and in community activities.
- Candidate should also have:
- Demonstrated experience in a business setting, requiring regular and extensive contact with both the client and management teams, and working under Firm Fixed Price contract vehicle.
- Experience leading a virtual team dispersed within the continental United States.
- Demonstrated experience in application development or integration efforts including consolidation of disparate systems with various technologies; experience in the engineering challenges of Systems Development, Systems Integration and infrastructure deployment; substantial comprehension of the business value and processes of large IT environments.
- Strong understanding or experience of software development and integration processes, including CMMI/SEI methodologies. Experience working in a complex technical and multi-site environment is required.
- Experience leading an agile development team
- Experience managing programs and projects for the Veterans Affairs
- Experience support healthcare information technology projects.
- Experience supporting information technology projects for Veterans Affairs agency.
- PMP Certificate is preferred.
- Current/Active VA background investigation/VA Access is a plus.
External Referral Bonus:Ineligible Potential for Telework:
Yes, 25% Clearance Level Required:
Public Trust Travel:
Yes, 10% of the time Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Day Requisition Category:
Manager Job Family:
Proj and Prog Management Pay Range:
Pay Range $120,250.00 - $185,000.00 - $249,750.00
Leidos is a Fortune 500
information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and Benefits
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Securing Your Data
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to [email protected].
Commitment to Diversity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.